Anyone know here to buy a specific type of 3.5mm audio jack?

Soldato
I need to buy a 3.5mm jack that is between 10-15cm in length but it needs to be a very slim profile in order to plug in to my headphones. Hopefully you'll be able to see in the photos that the actual socket is recessed in to the headphones which is why the cable needs to be low profile.

FPUy6XD.jpg

UH7SR4i.jpg

I bought one of these but it's useless because it's too fat to go all the way in (that's what she said!)

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestions guys unfortunately the length is deal breaker for me it really needs to be under 20cm. If I cant find anything i'll give the 30cm a go suggested by @drichardb .

Permabanned
Have you ever used a cable with it other than the original, I ask as that looks very much like an Optical/3.5mm hybrid port (it can use either) and caught me out before.

"TOS Optical Toslink Plug to Mini 3.5mm Optical Jack Plug Adapter" < had to buy one of these.

Soldato
OP
Have you ever used a cable with it other than the original, I ask as that looks very much like an Optical/3.5mm hybrid port (it can use either) and caught me out before.

"TOS Optical Toslink Plug to Mini 3.5mm Optical Jack Plug Adapter" < had to buy one of these.

Nope, only ever used the original cable. I failed to mention which headphones i'm using in my OP so here's a link to them.

Soldato
Easy job and a good one to start with if you fancy a try at soldering
I would say anything but, space is tight, and, you ideally need heat wrap internally around lugs to make sure they are well isolated - 3rd hand helps too.

(
just did DIY option for rca&3.5mm extension cables onyx2025/van-damme xke £1-2/pm + rean connectors, but had to drill out back of connectors because diameter was too big
29030236618_faf827e6b2_b_d.jpg
)

Back
Top Bottom