*** Rocket League *** Car Football

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I turned off the chat, and just have the quick chat because of the idiots. I don't need somebody else telling me I'm crap, as I already know myself. :)
Oh don't get me started on the chat. One of my mates gets toxic and tilted really easily, especially if he's had a drink or two in the evenings. The amount of matchmaking bans he's had in the past is stupid, fairly certain he's not far away from a month-long ban. And any attempt to tell him to turn chat off is met with more abuse :rolleyes::D

Soldato
lol for me it's usually like a game that goes to overtime, lasts 3+ minutes in overtime, everyone playing pretty well and seeming like a really fun and evenly matched game. The final goal finally goes in...

"ez"

:rolleyes:

Soldato
If someone tells you you're crap, just point out that:
a) It's alright for them, they've only got to put up with you for this match - you have to deal with it every game.
or
b) If you're so terrible, maybe they should question why they're at the same rank as you.

Soldato
So someone at Psyonix decided to implement a penalty for leaving casual unranked games early. Genius move, that is exactly what people wanted.
Now there are no playlist that you can hop in and out of for a quick game, which is very useful for people with busy lives.

Soldato
My son wants to set up a 2nd account so he can play with a friend at school who has just started. My son has explained that if he uses his main account they will endlessly get into games his mate will just be out of his depth in

Are there issues with this, will be very banned for a second account?

If not, any idea how he can set one up simply?

J.D

J.D

Soldato
My son wants to set up a 2nd account so he can play with a friend at school who has just started. My son has explained that if he uses his main account they will endlessly get into games his mate will just be out of his depth in

If your son was to use his experience and just dunk on players there is a tiny chance someone might report for smurfing but I highly much doubt it. Smurfing is just higher class players in lower class leagues if you don't know the term. If he was to do that however, his friend would get ranked up too quickly and end up in the same dilemna. So if he does it sensibly, it'll be fine.

It's as simple as registering a new epic games account, so you'll need an email address that hasn't been linked to Epic Games or just create a new email address for the account then log in the same PC. I've not done it myself so I'm not sure if Rocket League will still show as installed in the new account but you should be able to set the location in settings to pick it up if it's not there automatically, you'll figure it out.

Soldato

I've done exactly that - for exactly the same reason. The two friends I play with are probably plat level, and I'm high diamond / low champ. If we play together on my main account, we get placed against other high diamonds, and it's just a terrible experience for them (and not much better for me).

So I created a second account, which I only play when I play with them. Somehow this has still resulted in my rank being fairly higher than theirs, despite us - obviously - having had the exact same results. But not as big a gap as with my main account. I guess it takes into account your game score too. I try to avoid outscoring them too much - but even when I stay back, I'm more likely to make saves than they are.

Anyway, it does work - and we do get to play matches which are more fun for them.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Played in my first 3s tournament of season 4 at the start of the week, previous one being in season 3 (Diamond). Myself and one of my mates had just ticked over into Champ the day prior too, so with our third being on the verge of Champ we assumed it would be a Champ tournament. We ended up winning, and beat several people with Season 4 Champ titles but turned out to be a Diamond tournament. Shame. Oddly enough our hardest game was the first one! Seemed to walk the rest... We thought the final would be tough as the other team smashed their brackets yet we were all over them. Time to grind out a bit again for Season 5 I guess; would be nice to keep hold of a Champ rank, found it amusing that I had a higher MMR than both my mates and I hadn't really played properly for a month or two :D

Soldato
So I created a second account, which I only play when I play with them. Somehow this has still resulted in my rank being fairly higher than theirs, despite us - obviously - having had the exact same results. But not as big a gap as with my main account. I guess it takes into account your game score too.

Game doesn't take into account score. How MMR is lost & gained is detailed here https://old.reddit.com/r/RocketLeagueYtzi/comments/ilcmcc/how_mmr_and_the_matchmaking_system_works/. New account has high sigma, so will gain/lose more mmr. You can easily see it with bakkesmod, new account will gain +/-30 mmr or so on wins and losses and gradually go down, settled account will on average get +/-9. So if you're on a new account and they are not, chances are you will push past them, especially if you win more than lose.

Second account won't get banned either. Psyonix don't care, never have, never will. You could tank your rank just to crap on new players all day and nothing would happen. Every end of season, game is full of blatent smurfs boosting mates to new reward tier and Psyonix do nothing.

Only thing that will grab a ban is tripping the autobans on the word filter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom