Any reason not to go for a 4TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD ?

Soldato
Thats good then, but if its just for games, like my post stated, the 870 is close to the NVMe M.2 drives for that anyway, "games use mainly 4K random read, and these are competitive as both PCIe 3.0 and PCIe 4.0-based NVMe M.2 drives for that"

Permabanned
I am looking at the 4TB QVO. It's only £300 now and finally there is a decent price difference between it and the 870EVO.

Soldato
Guys i really need some more storage and was hoping to buy a 4TB NVMe M.2 but the prices of them is still much more then am willing to spend (They cost around £600 to £1,000 :(:mad:)

So with much regret am now looking at buying a 4TB SSD instead.
The one i been thinking of buying is the 4TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD

What do you guys think of this SSD ? (It going be used for games ;))

Depends if you need that much speed tbh is go wth smaller ssd and big spinner hd.

Install os on ssd and games that are really slow on spinner hd.

And for games that are older where load times aren't so bad install on spinner.

Ssd aren't cheap and/or big enough mass storage/music/video or for those with large game collection who keep games installed.

Unless you install/uninstall games regularly on ssd but that means redownloading, installing, updating and using write cycles.

Or just install games onto 180k 8" floppy discs

Soldato
I will never go back to a slow HD if i can ever help it
I wasted far to many hours waiting for them slow things to transfer files..

Depends on the game really. If it's bit slow loading up but in use it's open world so no load times..I remember video and difference between ssd and HDD for some games was vast some others like two seconds..

I do know DCS is really slow on spinner hd as tens of thousands of files.

My WD black HDD spinner was 1tb and that was running out of space for games and that was a while ago so with games being much bigger means less games on a small ssd.

Soldato
OP
Depends on the game really. If it's bit slow loading up but in use it's open world so no load times..I remember video and difference between ssd and HDD for some games was vast some others like two seconds..
It not so much the load times that bother me...

About 2 months ago i wasted something like 5 hours one Saturday just moving files around from one drive to the other

Back
Top Bottom