• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 6700xt Curiosity

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Hnn, I can get a prebuilt system with an Asus 6800xt for 1500. So tempted just to strip the card out, replace it with the 480 from the kids system and move it on.

Associate
I would get 6700xt but only for 500. That's my bottom Line. If I have to spend 800£ it will be 6800xt only.

Either that or I'll stay on my 1080. It works for what I'm using it.

Soldato
i dont think it will be too long before the 6 series prices will drop, the bay prices are flattening out, 6800xt for just over a grand now, they were over 1500. stock isnt selling a fast now, and obviously eth profits are lower atm which helps

Soldato
Anyone owning a 6700XT, how hot does it run on normal gaming episodes?
Mine is around 60 edge temp 80 junction but that's with a 3rd party cooler on it. When I had the reference cooler on it was more in the lines of 75-80 edge temp 95-100 junction unless I undervolted it. But I do not have the biggest amount of airflow in my current case so... take it with some salt.

Soldato
I think they will be a very nice card personally.

According to some benchmarks I read, they are on average 11% slower than a 3070 BUT they are shipped with 4gb higher VRAM which under certain circumstances might kick in. Particularly if you are gaming at 1440p+. I'd say if you are still on 1080 then it probably won't be an advantage.

To me anyway ray tracing on Nvidia is just marketing BS not something I would even take I to consideration.

Given the choice at a similar price point I'd probably buy the AMD card over Nvidia, particularly if the AMD card was cheaper, £50 would more than sway it for me.

But, I managed to snag a 3070 on Fridays deal for £600 so it was a no brainer.

If they come down in price to day £550 maybe £600 and you are either without a card or have an old one, I'd go for it.

Associate
IIRC Gibbo said the other day they had to refuse a GPU order as the distributor prices were a joke for these. But given they're mostly in stock everywhere, we just need to hold out and they will drop in price.

OcUK Staff
I've been looking at these cards for weeks now and they all seem to be priced over £750 and was wondering is it pricey for the businesses to bring them in this meaning they are selling for more or are they all just sticking to that price range. I'm only asking this because it seems like there easy to get your hands on and yet there MSRP should be around £500 I think so was wondering why is the price so high.

AMD set miss leading MSRP's, the 6700 XT was £419 at launch and the launch MSRP was for around 50 units which lasted less than 60 seconds.
The day after launch most cost prices increased by over $100 from AIB's, then a month later another $100 or so was added and as such the cost of 6700 XT is now vastly higher, I even showed our cost on the Asrock 6700 XT when we had it at £749 to show we were only making like 6% margin on the part.

£700-800 is currently going rate, of course AIB's are making much larger margins than usual but thats also because they are manufacturing far less product so to ensure they still make the same money they have to charge more to ensure all their overheads are covered.

As to are they selling at the current prices, well yes they are, they are not flying out but at the same time we don't have the volume of stock to support flying out but the sales are decent and we have no worries about selling our stock.

Associate
^ Thank you for the above answer. Is great to get a view on why prices are so high and how others are impacting your sale price. So basically a base AIB price is around 600£ by default now? So why they don't just update the MSRP price, instead of deceiving us that the price is "flat at 419£".

OcUK Staff
^ Thank you for the above answer. Is great to get a view on why prices are so high and how others are impacting your sale price. So basically a base AIB price is around 600£ by default now? So why they don't just update the MSRP price, instead of deceiving us that the price is "flat at 419£".

Not been offered any base 6700 XT for a while but a rough guess would put a basic 6700 XT around £600-650 but the AIB's focus on the OC models simply because they make more money out of OC models.

All current MSRPs set are miss leading and are either not available or available in very limited quantities from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom