B550 AORUS ELITE V2 - BIOS

Associate
I've just taken delivery of this motherboard from OCUK and wondered if anyone could tell me what BIOS version their board came with if bought recently from Overclockers ? I will be building in about a weeks time and have also got a 5800x plus managed to get a 3080 Ti FE from the first Nvidia drop. It appears F10 up supports the 5800x so I'd rather build/boot and then update the BIOS rather than using Q Flash plus which appears to be an almost blind flashing process. My understanding though is once the board is populated, Q Flash Plus can't be used, unless I'm reading that wrong ? Also, what BIOS are you all running, F12 or F13g, which I think is a beta BIOS, not sure on that though.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-ELITE-V2-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Associate
I'm using b550m and have just recently had an issue with the pcie speeds...
I was going to write a thread about this because it could help someone but I wil try and keep it short.
I finally got a 3 series card thanks to OcUK doing there promotion last week. I went for the 3060 to replace my 1070. Everything was fine but then after a reboot I had no display, no bios! It even messed up my M2 windows install and in some cases all my drives were completely missing!Switched back to 1070 and all good. Sigh, I said short story, sorry...
I had no gen selection on bios for pcie, that was using 10, the gigabyte tool installed 11 bios but still nothing. I went on the website and got the 13 bios and what do you know, I can select any gen speed I like in bios. It fixed all my issues, almost!
The 3060 is gen 4 capable, that's why I got the b550 originally, now although there is no real performance jump as yet between 3 and 4 I assume it was confusing the board and everything connected to it.
I would advise latest bios, just to be sure because I had a nightmare figuring it out.

Soldato
I've just taken delivery of this motherboard from OCUK and wondered if anyone could tell me what BIOS version their board came with if bought recently from Overclockers ? I will be building in about a weeks time and have also got a 5800x plus managed to get a 3080 Ti FE from the first Nvidia drop. It appears F10 up supports the 5800x so I'd rather build/boot and then update the BIOS rather than using Q Flash plus which appears to be an almost blind flashing process. My understanding though is once the board is populated, Q Flash Plus can't be used, unless I'm reading that wrong ? Also, what BIOS are you all running, F12 or F13g, which I think is a beta BIOS, not sure on that though.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-ELITE-V2-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
The Q flash should work just the same when the PC is built if it's anything like msi flashback feature.

Back
Top Bottom