AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Soldato
My daughter started a new job in Feb and got a macbook, airpod pros and phone. She was happy, especially since she's only an apprentice and certainly doesn't need a phone/headphones! Apparently they recently they admitted the airpods were fake and so bought her some real ones with engraving.

I'm now at the point where i get hand outs and she gave me the fake ones as i needed some new wireless headphones. I'm actually pretty impressed by the detail. They connect and my phone recognises them as Airpods and the sound is reasonable. Only thing that's a bit flaky is the control on each earbud. Just curious whether this is a bit iffy as standard or just poor quality from the fakes?

Soldato
What are peoples opinions on buying some AirPod pro’s at this moment in time? I really can’t get along with the Sony xm3’s that I’ve had for the last year, they just never feel secure in my ear and I’m forever pushing them back in. I do know that we’re in dangerous territory of a refresh being due. Would people just make due and wait for a month or two or should i just pull the trigger (no doubt that apple would announce some new ones the very next day).

Man of Honour
At the very least, wait until WWDC. I know WWDC is primarily the software, but there’s always a chance. Plus if they don’t announce them then, it will be another month or two

Soldato
At the very least, wait until WWDC. I know WWDC is primarily the software, but there’s always a chance. Plus if they don’t announce them then, it will be another month or two
That’s a good call, thanks. I didn’t realise it was so soon. I’ll hold strong for now :)

Soldato
If do a mega fail you can rest assured that the current model are brilliant. They could only really be bettered a small amount in SQ or battery life. I don’t foresee huge gains. Also watch out for a price hike, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them get closer to £299

Soldato
Just got my new AirPods Pro today, and man..are they good!

I never usually get on with earbuds so I thought I would give them a bash anyways..

they fit great, comfortable, secure and sound good.

also finished setting up my new phone to Apple Watch, so the eco system is in full effect :D

I wasn’t going to bother keeping the GPS but now it’s setup, I can go for a walk without nothing but the pros and the watch.

I was having trouble with Spotify so went to Apple Music to see how it faired, and I’m glad, as everything just “works” regarding the software through the watch, wasn’t quite as good on Spotify.

Associate
Just had to send my Airpods pro off for repair, had a squealing sound when adjusting in the ear, probably a faulty mic. Luckily its covered out of warranty due to the Apple Service page saying its a small issue already known

Associate
Just got my new AirPods Pro today, and man..are they good!

They are, my wife has a pair and I was all set to get some myself until I saw the reviews of the new sony ones and comparisons. As my primary use and want is noise cancelling I've decided to give the Sony ones a go when they drop in price a tad.

Soldato
They are, my wife has a pair and I was all set to get some myself until I saw the reviews of the new sony ones and comparisons. As my primary use and want is noise cancelling I've decided to give the Sony ones a go when they drop in price a tad.

The noise cancelling on the pros is good and the transparency mode is handy when required as well.

Commissario
AirPods Pro on eBay for £189.95 with an extra 20% off if you use the code SHOP4LESS before 14th June - Not many left.

I'm neither the seller or a buyer but thought that was a decent price.

Associate
I sold my Beats QC35s when I bought my Pros. Other than the lack of base they are all the "headphone" anyone will ever need. Need a better way to clean them though. The wee tips do like to get a hold of my ear wax :eek:

Associate
Indeed but the reviews I've watched the Sony NC is so much better, completely different level. But then at the minute they are a fair bit more expensive than the Apple ones.
the sony wh-1000mk4 have bet nc than the airpods pro or max in my opinion. obvs as over ears it's not fair to compare to the airpods pro. the airpods max in my opinion are way overpriced for what they offer!!!

Associate
the sony wh-1000mk4 have bet nc than the airpods pro or max in my opinion. obvs as over ears it's not fair to compare to the airpods pro. the airpods max in my opinion are way overpriced for what they offer!!!

No not the over ears, the new ones. Every review I watch the NC is stated as far better and the sound quality. WF-1000XM4s

Back
Top Bottom