The Outer Worlds 2

Associate
OP
Brilliant announcement trailer. I really enjoyed the first. Considering the second will be big budget - can’t wait!!!!
The first was not only an excellent RPG, but also never took itself seriously. It ranks very highly in my favourite games of all time and I'm super stoked there is a sequel coming.

Soldato
Ok, so I didn't really give The Outer Worlds a proper chance, so I guess from the posts in here that I probably should! I'll get it downloaded now!

Soldato
Its not without its flaws, but then it’s relatively low budget. It has huge potential with a decent budget.

I heard it was quite funny. And that it's recommended to make a character with low intelligence so that you unlock the funnier dialogue options in the game. I might try that out.

Man of Honour
I heard it was quite funny. And that it's recommended to make a character with low intelligence so that you unlock the funnier dialogue options in the game. I might try that out.

Correct, brilliant humour, doesn’t take itself too seriously. Plenty of unique options depending on your build. Had me hooked for a few days until completion. Wouldn’t be against another play through, especially since the 60fps patch. Felt very much like New Vegas in space which isn’t a bad thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
The original felt like a cross between borderlands and fallout 4.

I really enjoyed it and blasted through it to completion on gamepass. It was a good bit of fun.

More than happy to invest in a sequel even if I have to buy it.

Caporegime
Re: the first game.

I bought it both for PS4/PS5 and PC, and haven't started either yet. Not sure whether to wait for a PS5 or play it on PC, but my PC is currently fairly underpowered.

Are there any big differences between the two platforms? I know on PS5 they upped the framerate to 60FPS. I doubt I'd get that on my PC :p

Associate
Re: the first game.

I bought it both for PS4/PS5 and PC, and haven't started either yet. Not sure whether to wait for a PS5 or play it on PC, but my PC is currently fairly underpowered.

Are there any big differences between the two platforms? I know on PS5 they upped the framerate to 60FPS. I doubt I'd get that on my PC :p
Can't speak for the PS5 as I don't own one but it made a huge difference with the increased frames on the SX and I'm sure it will be the same on PS5. I mean I really enjoyed it at 30fps but it just made the experience so much better. I played the game until I was about 2/3rds of the way through it then just stopped playing it as I jumped onto something else. Once I heard it had received an update I jumped back in and it was fantastic. I was tempted by a second playthrough or to buy the DLC for it. Solid experience and no doubt they will build on this with OW2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom