Best fast charger and cable for oneplus 6?

Soldato
I bought a refurbished Oneplus 6 that did not come with a charger or cable and i've been charging it via a USB port on my multi plug extension lead. It's pretty dang slow and i'm after a affordable fast charger that can charge my OP6 and my old Ipad Air 2.

It doesn't need to be as fast as the official Oneplus charger it just needs to be decent, affordable and reliable.

Thanks

Soldato
It’s been a while since I had my 6T but if I recall correctly it’s pretty much the full Dash Charge (what was it 25w?) or bog standard 5w. Because of the proprietary nature of OnePlus’ charging tech there’s no in between.
That has changed with the newer models as they meet the PD specification but those older models don’t as far as I know.

Soldato
It’s been a while since I had my 6T but if I recall correctly it’s pretty much the full Dash Charge (what was it 25w?) or bog standard 5w. Because of the proprietary nature of OnePlus’ charging tech there’s no in between.
That has changed with the newer models as they meet the PD specification but those older models don’t as far as I know.

It'll do 20W fast charge via dash and default to the standard 10W with a basic charger.

Soldato
OP

I found this one which is a Quick Charge 3.0 and I think the OP6 is quick charge compatible although I'm not 100% sure.

Soldato
As far as i remember, you wont get fast charging out of anything other than an official charger. Oneplus's dash chargers use a proprietary charging tech that different from QuickCharge and the OP6's don't support quickcharge. I do seem to remember rumblings about CQ being added to a phone after release, but i'm pretty sure that wasn't the oneplus 6. Anyone somebody with a phone will be able to confirm for definite.

Soldato
I bought a refurbished Oneplus 6 that did not come with a charger or cable and i've been charging it via a USB port on my multi plug extension lead. It's pretty dang slow and i'm after a affordable fast charger that can charge my OP6 and my old Ipad Air 2.
Sorry just to add, if this multi plug extension has a 5V/2A port then I’m afraid that’s as good as it gets in the absence of a OnePlus Dash charger.

Soldato
OP
Looks like a genuine seller given his feedback.

If you require a genuine dash charger I have one I can list on the members market. A genuine dash car charger too.

Yeah i'd definitely be interested although I dont really need the car charger as well.

Soldato
Soldato
Hell no to some random brand.

Plus doesn't support OnePlus fast charge.

No it's not really a random brand, I own the Subbytech brand.

One Plus 6 phones top out at 20W - The one plus 7 and above are 30W and higher depending on the model of phone, so no point in getting a higher wattage charger when the model 6 won't use it.

The Qualcomm quick charge plug I linked to, has Qualcomm 3.0 technology and will use USB C cable to charge the phone from 0-80% in about 35-40 mins. After the phone goes to 80% the power draw reduces as the battery gets more and more full.

Soldato
No it's not really a random brand, I own the Subbytech brand.

One Plus 6 phones top out at 20W - The one plus 7 and above are 30W and higher depending on the model of phone, so no point in getting a higher wattage charger when the model 6 won't use it.

The Qualcomm quick charge plug I linked to, has Qualcomm 3.0 technology and will use USB C cable to charge the phone from 0-80% in about 35-40 mins. After the phone goes to 80% the power draw reduces as the battery gets more and more full.

Dash charge is a proprietary standard of OnePlus. Does your charger support it? If not then it will only charge the OnePlus 6 @ 10W. Half of what it's capable of.

Back
Top Bottom