• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Override or Override with Offset

Associate
Hi guys,
I see most overclockers use override CPU voltage with a negative offset. I've Ryzen 5 3600 with MSI B450 Tomahawk Max and could set the Vcore to 1.175V in "Mode 1" and 4125Mhz frequency with stable daily home usage (games and etc).
I could not get stable with a negative offset with even 0.05V Now my question is "If I want to get stable in negative offset I must rise up the Vcore a bit higher than 1.175V but why I must do that when I can get stable with only override mode! Also what I can not understand about the negative offset mode, how is possible to get stable on CPU load with lower Voltage? I think on CPU idle we must get lower voltage and on load, we must get higher voltage like what do in positive offset!
Please learn me what I don't know!

Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom