Show Us Your Motors!

OcUK Staff
What was the set up there? Seems a narrow run and short?

Short run to a sharp 90 degree but crazy wide bend and then the runway itself. I was seeing around 100mph from the start dash as I went full send into the corner hence why I was only a couple of mph off the SVJ's and then braking way past the brake boards.

To be honest it is the best runway event I have ever done by miles, super smooth, no stones or debris, the bend makes it huge fun as you can really feel how the car is on the limits or just drift and then nail it. Then we drive back the way we came, supposedly orderly and slow but we all just drove like crazy people and enjoying it.

The mix of cars was unreal, easily the best day ever and Sywell Autodrome, best runway there is, its nowhere near as long as Vmax so unless you have 1000+ HP your seeing around 150ish top speed, the Mustangs with 800-900HP were seeing 140-145ish and I think it was a Rimac or Chiron that managed 180mph the other fast stuff was 150-165.

Can't praise the event enough, even better that my only cost was fuel, free admission and free food/drink all day. :)

Seeing a Metro 6R4 run next to us and some Ford GT's made my day watching those hammer it down the track in front of us bellowing blue smoke everywhere. :D

Talking to the SCD crew was interesting, the 812 with no roof they were only managing around 100-120mph because they were getting pelted by insects in their faces lol and Molly at the other side of us in her Weisach RS GT3, she then revealed that all three of us also own GR Yaris. :D

Tiny photo but you get the idea:
goodbye-bruntingthorpe-hello-sywell-aerodrome.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
This is the main problem with the S2000 and a lot of Japanese cars I might add. I was so close to buying one last year and I kick myself for not doing it. Problem is now the money they are going for you are looking at 987 Boxster S, Lotus Elise, VX220's which are a whole different level of car.

Even my humble GT-Four prices are starting to go mad as they have just tipped over the 25 year old mark for US import. Parts are the same a set of OEM wheels that you couldn't give away are now selling for £500.

These petrol cars pre 2000 will be pricey to run in London thanks to low emissions zones. This will be extended to m25 soon enough!

Soldato
Great video from Supercar Fest 2021, I seem to feature heavily as I just kept driving round in circles so manage to get 8 runs in on the day, best speed 155mph. :D

9:40 and 12:40 are a couple of good ones but I think there is around 5-6 of my runs in that video. :D

I did do 6 runs in the end, but 4 of them were right at the end of the day when it was quiet. Overall I enjoyed the day but won't bother with the runway bit again, too short for a PB and much more faff / less fun than just doing a track day. As a day out it was great though, outrageous turnout and getting up close to the Huayra was really special.

Soldato
my 2011 rcz 156
IMG-20210112-150131.jpg
20190216-172714.jpg

Soldato
for me looks fab, really nice interior and with the leather dash, but the MK1 models have so many issues, from timing chain to hpfp both made from chocolate. its the one car you need breakdown service, i have been lucky to an extent, only major issue was the hpfp which took 4 months to diagnose, no garages could figure it out, not even peugeot:cry: in the end cost me 99p for app and fiver for dongle to measure fuel rail pressure. this car has more bad days than me, and boy i have them every day in work:cry: had loads of minor issues, thankfully can sort most myself, but i still love the thing
my valves when i checked 3 months after owning:eek:, it had to have it walnut blasted
10162005314750204-VLC-media-player-17-06-2021-09-48-22.png

Soldato
Here's my Alfa Veloce Ti I picked up earlier this week, it took about 10 weeks from factory which I was pleasantly surprised with considering the chip shortage and COVID.

Whilst not a Quadrifoglio, this is my first car that has a little bit of poke about it After 10 years of driving entry level 3 series and A4s 2.0 diesels. I figured in the new world, I won't be doing the same amount or type of mileage (long motorway) so could get something less economical.

20210615-211532i.jpg

Underboss
Here's my Alfa Veloce Ti I picked up earlier this week, it took about 10 weeks from factory which I was pleasantly surprised with considering the chip shortage and COVID.

Whilst not a Quadrifoglio, this is my first car that has a little bit of poke about it After 10 years of driving entry level 3 series and A4s 2.0 diesels. I figured in the new world, I won't be doing the same amount or type of mileage (long motorway) so could get something less economical.

20210615-211532i.jpg

That looks like a proper car, nice!!

Back
Top Bottom