Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Caporegime
I have ordered a new GLE hybrid in Brilliant Blue but now think I have made a mistake and gone with Canvansite blue.

Sadly the local dealer only had the usual black, white and 6 different grey/silver cars in when I went for a test drive so I based my choice on internet photos.

Have I picked wrong? Anybody got a brilliant blue car on here?

Man of Honour
I have ordered a new GLE hybrid in Brilliant Blue but now think I have made a mistake and gone with Canvansite blue.

Sadly the local dealer only had the usual black, white and 6 different grey/silver cars in when I went for a test drive so I based my choice on internet photos.

Have I picked wrong? Anybody got a brilliant blue car on here?

I’ve seen a lot of both colours, Brilliant Blue is much nicer IMO.

Caporegime
I’ve seen a lot of both colours, Brilliant Blue is much nicer IMO.

Thanks I keep looking at every Merc that I drive pass. But in almost 2 months 50% plus are greys/silver, lots of blacks, the odd white, Ive seen a few red and the only blue ones I keep seeing are the darker cavansite ones. Thats what is making me second guess myself. lol

Associate
Out of interest, does anyone have (or have experience of) the 2019-onwards CLA?

I took my A250 in for a service this week, and was given the shooting break CLA180 as a courtesy car. Aside from it having absolutely no guts compared to mine (easily remedied by getting a bigger engine than the poxy 1.3 they gave me) and the model I drove being a little lacking spec-wise, it seemed like a really nice drive, and a decent logical step up. It made me think, as my GF and I are expanding our little family at the moment so I've been toying with the idea of getting something a little bigger. I don't really need a full-sized estate, and I quite like the aesthetics of the shooting break. Realistically I'd only even consider it for something with a similar spec, I'm so used to my prem-plus that I'm totally spoilt now...

Thoughts? Would I regret it?

Soldato
My C300 does this - never knew what to call it, just something I noticed. Is it an issue?

Nah. Consider your car when you're maneuvering at full lock while driving slowly. Your two front wheels are both attempting to take the car round in a circle - but those two circles are not compatible with each other. There is no avoiding that this will cause one of those tyres to skip sideways slightly. The grippier the tyre in question, and depending on the surface it's skipping over, it's going to make a noise.

it's not a problem at all. Just seems to wind some people up.

Soldato
Decent specs but no Performance Exhaust if you care about noise, no Distronic Cruise control (adaptive cruise control) if you do a lot of motorway miles, no 360 degrees camera if you are **** at parking. Also Try looking at Approved Used Cars for MB dealerships as they come with 2 years warranty worth around £1-2k

c43s suffer from crabbing/tyre skipping. When you test drive the car, try manoeuvring slowly at full lock, you will hear the tyres skipping. This bothered me so I went with the c63 but some people don’t care about this issue.

Check if the car has a full service history including all optional work (spark plugs, filters, transmission fluids, Panoramic sunroof lubrication etc. ). Just because a car is sold as full service history it doesn’t mean all additional service items have been carried out.
Thanks. I don't really want to spend more than £30k and thought about a C63 but the extra running costs and initial outlay ruled it out. Especially when the majority of my driving involves having the entire family in the car.
Going to look at it tomorrow, my only concern is that the garage said it has FSH, 2 services by MB and one by them. Will have a look at it anyway.
Not too bothered by adaptive cruise, 360 cameras but the exhaust might be an issue. How can you tell if it has the performance exhaust?

Soldato
I know prices have gone nuts but that feels like a big premium for the estate?

I got my 2018 E43 with 6k miles, approved used, for 32.6k --- non-estate mind you.

Edit: and mine isn't Premium Plus!

Soldato
How can you tell if it has the performance exhaust?

It will have a button near the infotainment selector dial to open up the exhaust valves. I didn’t know it was an option on a 43, I didn’t have it on my E43 and I didn’t think it was lacking sound wise. It still had a nice sounding howl at high revs

Soldato
It will have a button near the infotainment selector dial to open up the exhaust valves. I didn’t know it was an option on a 43, I didn’t have it on my E43 and I didn’t think it was lacking sound wise. It still had a nice sounding howl at high revs
This caught me off guard on my E43 - as my colleague had a C43 with the valve button. Like you said though, it wasn't short of making a good noise. I wonder if the "valve-less C43" is basically a C450 4Matic configuration though and quite benign?

Associate
Brilliant Blue vs Cavansite Blue?

Not managed to find a cavansite in the wild yet, but brilliant was darker than pictures suggest. Anyone have any thoughts before my wife convinces me to get grey?! :p

Associate
Here's my old car in Brilliant Blue.

I'll see if I can find some more, don't really take photo's of the car, as its only a car. heh.

Magic, thanks @Journey !

Ive only just seen @Greebo ask exactly the same question above :rolleyes: . (Same issue, next to none to see on the forecourt)

I am tempted by Cavansite but worried it will be too dark/dull

Back
Top Bottom