*** GB News *** (stay on topic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
'I am easily offended therefore everything I find offensive must be banned'.

Is it that or just that certain values and behaviours have slowly become unacceptable to the majority in society?

I have no horse in this race other than to say that society and values will always change and what was once acceptable behaviours and values can become unacceptable and vice versa.

Caporegime
Apologies then, the issue here then was that nothing was done about it for almost 2 years until Farage started reporting on it.

And even before then people would have still called it a conspiracy theory / fantasy.

Nothing has been done, It gets worse and worse every month as more migrants are using the channel as their normal routes are restricted.

Fewer coming by air and vehicles, more coming by sea. Overall the numbers keep increasing slightly.

Caporegime
Literally heard people like Pritti Patel discussing it AFTER Nigel had began reporting on it, so it gave the IMPRESSION that they were doing something about it now.

Articles saying they were working with the French government to stop people being dumped across the channel.

So yes stuff is being done now, it maybe still isn't enough but they are at least doing something about it.

Maybe people need to talk about these things more.

Maybe people should read and watch more MSM like the BBC then?

Apologies then, the issue here then was that nothing was done about it for almost 2 years until Farage started reporting on it.

And even before then people would have still called it a conspiracy theory / fantasy.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/br...g-on-tackling-illegal-immigration-from-france

Hundreds of millions have been spent both here and in France since 2015 in an effort to try and curb it. Its nothing new. Pritti talking about it is her just trying to look like she is doing something.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What are the viewing figures?

Down to around quarter of opening day and now behind both BBC News 24 and Sky News 24 every day.

Latest from yesterday is now 74,000 viewers on average. Andrew Neil still peaked at 150k viewers during his show but that's still half of what he got opening night.

Last edited:
Associate
Is it that or just that certain values and behaviours have slowly become unacceptable to the majority in society?

I have no horse in this race other than to say that society and values will always change and what was once acceptable behaviours and values can become unacceptable and vice versa.

I don't believe that most people wanted or support these changes, more the case of a vocal minority shouting that everything is some form of hate speech and the law kneeling to their demands.

Caporegime
source for that opinion please. That would be quite the story if true especially if Twitter then bowed to the pressure.

He's twisted it.

https://news.sky.com/story/totally-...os-that-glamourise-channel-crossings-12325856

The UK Government asked Tiktok or somebody to delete footage glamourising migrant crossings because Priti Patel thinks it encourgages people to take dangerous actions.

It probably does to be honest, but it won't stop them. The migrants often chat on Whatsapp about crossings and boats.

Soldato
Partly, but then it goes too far and people start being reprimanded for saying things like 'ladies and gentlemen'. .

I'm not personally saying whether it is or isn't too far, but isn't this a case in point? We might look back in a few years and wonder how on earth we ever got away with using phrases such as 'ladies and gentlemen'. Just like we look back now and wonder how it was ever legal for people to smoke indoors in public spaces, or how it was ever legal that 2 people of the same sex couldn't get married etc. What looks like something 'going too far' now might actually just be someone or a group of people agitating for change and society eventually comes to accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom