Plusnet offer - inflationary increases now as standard in contract?

Soldato
With PlusNet, we had the Unlimited Fibre Extra (£21.30 p/m) and landline (£20.29 p/m), so were giving PlusNet nearly £42 a month for the service. The equivalent with Zen (Unlimited Fibre 2, with phone line) is £34.99 p/m with no price increases.
You were paying £40+ a month for Plusnet? :eek: Yikes, no wonder you want to leave….

New customers would get that service for close to or even less than £20 a month after cash back (depending on the offer at the time).

Yep, way over the odds.

As a longstanding customer, I pay £23.96/month for Unlimited Fibre Extra if I exclude the telephone calling plan. There's probably people paying less than that. It pays to speak to them at contract renewal time.

Associate
Yep, way over the odds.

As a longstanding customer, I pay £23.96/month for Unlimited Fibre Extra if I exclude the telephone calling plan. There's probably people paying less than that. It pays to speak to them at contract renewal time.
They were happy to reduce the price if I went into a new contract, but I'd decided I wanted to move to Zen - no price rises at all and more chance of getting a FTTP service in the future. The CPI rise was just the final nail in the coffin really, it took the total cost into "excessive" and the convenience factor was outweighed by the cost savings.

I had no idea how easy it was to move nowadays. Last time I moved ISP it was to PlusNet several years ago, needed to get the MAC from the old provider, give it to the new one - now it's Zen doing all the work.

Used to be an ADSL customer with Zen years ago, so pleased to be going back.

nam

nam

Soldato
Signed up last year in August as i was out of contract as existing customer with plusnet , got a very good offer then but now would love to go to new 150-400 communityfibre but will have to wait another year now

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...ncreases-from-7th-oct.18895636/#post-33835843

thanks all , spoke to plusnet today signed up for 2 years

line rental paid annually which is now £209.88 used to be £197

Unlimited Fibre Extra broadband service: £7.00 per month for 24 months then £20.99 per month
Line rental: £209.88 annually expires on 19/08/2021
Anytime Call plan: £8.00 per month
Total £15.00 per month for 24 months on a new 24 month contract

Associate
Just got an email from PlusNet trying to convince me to stay. It was offering £50 'cashback' and unlimited fibre extra, line rental included, from £25.99 p/m on an 18 months contract.

Not tempted at all, in part because of the long term hope that FTTP might arrive in my area. It would have to be a better offer to convince me not to leave.

Soldato
I bet you could get that down by calling.

I did exactly this last time I renewed FTTC with Taktalk, started a switch to plusnet and waited for the letter. I managed to get them down to effectively £18/month over 18 months with account credit. The first few months were free and about a year in I’m on FTTP with the first 3 months for free.

If FTTP is coming in the next 18 months than yeh that’s a dealbreaker.

Soldato
This seems to be normal now, and not only for broadband, but I did see when I last took out my phone contract these mandatory CPI yearly price hikes.

Soldato
I have been with Vodafone for the last 3 month and has bee fine so far.
Same! I change supplier every time the contract runs out and have been through all the big players and to be honest seem no difference but that is what you would expect when they are all just reselling open reach product anyway so the actual differences are tiny.

The mid contract price hikes are just another sign of how big businesses are allowed to treat people like dirt, legislation shouldn’t be needed but clearly is. I wouldn’t mind if everyone was guaranteed a CPI linked pay rise but we all know that’s not happening!

Back
Top Bottom