Biden and the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Way out.

Only the United States, Britain, Greece, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, France, Norway and Romania will spend 2% or more in 2020, although Turkey, Bulgaria and Croatia are close.
Germany, Europe’s biggest economy, has pledged to reach the NATO defence spending target by 2031.

They should pay or leave.
Ah the "cut your nose to spite your face" approach.

Soldato
Post Brexit there was the GFA and the US was involved in that in a big way. Also all the talk of a free trade agreement and Trump was all for pushing that through which would have been a disaster for UK farmers and the NHS.

Heh, if you think US trade policy will change much under Biden, you're mistaken.

From what I understand, their negotiating position is largely unchanged.

Soldato
I am curious, how is President Biden portrayed and thought about in the UK? I find it comical when I read the BBC; like he's the second coming of Christ and walks on water. They also NEVER mention his constant buffooneries.

In the US, I'm an Independent who leans Conservative. Although I am not a huge fan of Donald Trump. But to a large portion of the US; Biden is a joke and an embarrassment. It's just astonishing the difference in media coverage between the two Presidents.

Thoughts?

Its the BBC, what did you expect. Maitlis on Newsnight couldn't keep the grin off her face when it announced Trump lost she fairly stared at the camera for an age, you knew she was dying to say something but couldn't or she'd wind up in trouble (again)

Soldato
Heh, if you think US trade policy will change much under Biden, you're mistaken.

From what I understand, their negotiating position is largely unchanged.

Yes but Trump was pushing for it where as I've not heard Biden mention it. I'm sure Biden will leave it to the State Dept and the other departments that would be involved. Trump would just impose himself in it when he shouldn't be anywhere near it.

I'll be honest i don't think we'll get a big trade deal with them as we won't open the NHS to them as they'd want and we won't allow the unlabelled GM foods in. Also hormone fed meat and chlorine washed food foods.

Soldato
Yes but Trump was pushing for it where as I've not heard Biden mention it. I'm sure Biden will leave it to the State Dept and the other departments that would be involved. Trump would just impose himself in it when he shouldn't be anywhere near it.

I'll be honest i don't think we'll get a big trade deal with them as we won't open the NHS to them as they'd want and we won't allow the unlabelled GM foods in. Also hormone fed meat and chlorine washed food foods.
We already have chlorine washed foods.

Soldato

So, it's the same, but it's better?

I'm not really getting your point here.

Man of Honour
No mention of possible dementia here, maybe you know different;

I'm a little loath to post the videos as they try to blow everything up into dementia or just hating on Biden territory whether it is or isn't a gaff, etc. but there is a lot of times during the events in and around G7 where Biden really struggles and is obviously suffering with some impairment which isn't just a stammer...

If it wasn't for the fact this is off the back of the whole Trump situation many people would be posting in a very different light.

Soldato
I'm a little loath to post the videos as they try to blow everything up into dementia or just hating on Biden territory whether it is or isn't a gaff, etc. but there is a lot of times during the events in and around G7 where Biden really struggles and is obviously suffering with some impairment which isn't just a stammer...

If it wasn't for the fact this is off the back of the whole Trump situation many people would be posting in a very different light.

Oh I don't think he's a good choice. He's too old and too conservative for me. He'd be a Tory in the UK. However it was a binary choice, Biden or Trump, that isn't a great choice but there is only 1 winner.

Man of Honour
Oh I don't think he's a good choice. He's too old and too conservative for me. He'd be a Tory in the UK. However it was a binary choice, Biden or Trump, that isn't a great choice but there is only 1 winner.

Just something that doesn't sit well with me. If Biden had replaced someone else most of the people defending him would be posting a very story. But because there might be the slightest chance somehow maybe it would make Trump less bad they praise Biden like he is some kind of saint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom