Would Like Some Advice Please

Associate
First off I am a UK resident.

I recently managed to get a Xbox Series X and was looking for a monitor that would use the console to its best display capability, having done some research I am under the impression that I need to look at a HDMI 2.1, I also am aware that at present monitors that support that are like looking for hens teeth, is it worth waiting for a while till they are more readily available?

I have stood in Currys marvelling at the big TV's that support what I am looking for but am aware that a monitor, although smaller, will give an even better and much sharper image.

I have had a look at the LG 27GP950-B, folk on here have mentioned the heat is an issue as well as the OSD setup, so not sure about that as I have four cats and one of those is a Maine Coony and they do like to sit near whatever I am watching, Berty my Maine Coony is a bit on the large side and he does like his Youtube garden bird videos and I don't want him to give up his hobby due to heat.

TLDR Looking for a Xbox Series X HDMI 2.1 Monitor 28''+ that uses the Xbox to its full capabilities and would like some suggestions.

Darkspire

Associate
There are barely any hdmi 2.1 monitors on the market yet, nothing 28" as far as I know.

Only 27" screens I'm aware of is the 27gp950 and Eve Spectrum which uses the same panel and is out this summer.

Associate
Unless you're leaning over a desk 27" is too small, and any detail at 4k will be lost with you leaning too far back which will be easy with a controller.

Rtings have a good size measurement recommendations article worth reading. They also review TVs which is what i'd be looking at in your shoes. Monitors being better than TVs is not true, and they vary a lot.

Unless you're dead set on high refresh rates and VRRs, a preferable hdmi 2.0 model may suffice.

When talking about performance, contrast, etc, PC is going to be better if this is primarily what you want, but it'll cost you.

Associate
OP
Rtings have a good size measurement recommendations article worth reading. They also review TVs which is what i'd be looking at in your shoes. Monitors being better than TVs is not true, and they vary a lot.

I had read the Rtings section on size / distance and I am about four foot away from my current TV, the general guide on there is 30'' for that distance, I currently have a 32'' 1080p TV although the image is very good I promised myself when I had a Xbox One X that I would get a 4K and did not get around to it, now I have the Series X with all the added extras for a 4K setup it would be good to get a better display that used those extras, having said that a good sized monitor would be the preferred option as I am looking to outlay around 800 - 900, most TVs are double that.

Darkspire

S2k

S2k

Associate
My 65” LG OLED is a thing of beauty paired up with my series X. I also have a nice 32” Samsung G7, (not 4k) but the OLED is streets ahead on image quality. We need OLED monitors before I will be doing any upgrades.

Soldato
My 65” LG OLED is a thing of beauty paired up with my series X. I also have a nice 32” Samsung G7, (not 4k) but the OLED is streets ahead on image quality. We need OLED monitors before I will be doing any upgrades.

Totally agree. I'm after an OLED like your LG, probably next year. The picture quality does look excellent.

Associate
The 48" LG oleds are probably the best you can get atm, the models are cx 48" or the newer but more pricey model the c1 48". Both are hdmi 2.1 and support 4k 120hz with variable refresh rate. If you're after something smaller there is also this below which is hdmi 2.1 but has a va panel so you might get slight ghosting on the blacks, does have a quantum dot filter though so will have nice colours.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...c-led-backlit-widescreen-gamin-mo-00l-gi.html

Associate
I use a 40in older 4k tv as a monitor and it has done it's job up until now, a true gaming monitor i would recommend is the Aorus 43in 4K 144HZ gaming monitor, although expensive so are the OLED's. And at 48in i still find them a tiny bit to large to be using as a monitor, i know 43 is only 5 inches less, but when sat close it may make all the difference.

Back
Top Bottom