Pen Display for 3d modelling stuff

Soldato
Hi,
sorry wasn't sure of best place to put this.
My lad wants a pen display to help with his 3d modelling work. He graduated in 3D Games Production and is building his portfolio to try and get his first job in the industry.
He has a 27" 2k gaming monitor and so we're looking for the best pen display that would work well with it.
Not sure if 1:1 sizing (or as near as) actually matters, although the max pen display i've seen is 22".
He uses all the industry standard software on Windows (Unreal, Blender, Sony 4D etc etc)

Any and all advice would be most appreciated, thanks.

Associate
Wacom has always been the go-to brand for myself and a lot of creative types I've known for any pen display tablets, the kit always 'just works' and are typically well supported. If that's what you mean by a pen display? A style-interactive tablet which has a screen built into it?

Soldato
OP
Wacom has always been the go-to brand for myself and a lot of creative types I've known for any pen display tablets, the kit always 'just works' and are typically well supported. If that's what you mean by a pen display? A style-interactive tablet which has a screen built into it?
Thanks for the input, yes, a display tablet instead of a graphics tablet.
I’ve purchased wacom’s before for other people and they’re certainly the brand that I’m more familiar with.
Hoping to hear from anyone who has one and what size/spec monitor they are connecting it to.

Associate
I recently bought a Huion kamvas 16 earlier this week, which is pretty good so far and works with blender for 3d modelling and most image software like photoshop etc.

I have only really tested it a little so far as I haven't had much free time yet, but so far I'm really happy with it.

I would check first to make sure the pc has the right connections spare, which is either the 3in1 cable included (hdmi + USB +power), Or usb-c dp or usb-c thunderbolt. My pc only has a standard usb-c so I have to use the 3in1 and connect via hdmi to the graphics card. If the pc has a graphics card then it has to be connected to the graphics card and not the motherboard hdmi port (would only work as a tablet with no display) . So if you use hdmi to connect to the monitor, you might need to change that to display port or something else to free up the hdmi port.

My only qualm with it is the 3in1 cable is a little short for my setup and extention cables don't seem to work, so I'm gonna have to move the pc closer to the desk (it is basically on the other side of the room, for ethernet reasons :D

Associate
Also I was expecting it to be a little bigger than your average tablet/ipad.. It's closer to a small laptop screen size. It's a pretty good size, plenty of screen space for working with

Back
Top Bottom