Black Summer (NetFlix)

Soldato
Loved this and hope we get a season two, the sheer brutal treatment of the cast and the pacing was brilliant. Only episode I didn't like was the school one, some good moments in that one but it really knocked the overall pace off a little.

The scene at the just outside the stadium :eek:

Regards the stupidity it gets to me a bit at times but I think you have to reason it as how people would react in such a blind panic and I think they do a pretty solid job of capturing that feeling.

Associate
Finally edited my 1st post in this from 2 years back for spoilers, better late than never.

I also read that the 2nd season had dropped, seems a fairly quiet announcement so maybe they don't rate it, but 1st season was no worse, and better in some cases than any of the recent Walking Dead seasons or their spin offs.

I'll definitely check the 2nd season out.

Soldato
I've only seen the first episode but it's as good as series 1 IMO. Didn't expect that first segment to go like that.
I love the non-linear nature of it and trying to work it all out. Strangely that's something I loathed about Nolan's 'Dunkirk' but I really like it here.

Soldato
Tried to watch this earlier on a mate's Netflix account, the video played but there was no sound. ****** me off as I thought the first season wasn't too bad despite some parts driving me mental.

Soldato
i watched Black Summer and thought it was cracking so i watched Z Nation. had to turn off through the 2nd episode for the sheer godawful stupidity of it. can't believe the 2 serieses are related.

Soldato
Watched all of season two, I still enjoyed it but I dont think it was as good as season one. I do like the fact that it looks like almost anyone can die in it.

Soldato
Per my post earlier up the page I was so hypes for this.... Then I saw the release trailer essentially they are going down the walking dead route of "it's not zombies, it's people" which whilst it works this first season zombie wise worked really well, better than a lot of series.

The fact it's about people more than zombies I'm really disappointed, going to watch it but my hype level has went from 100 to 10.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Pretty intense cinematography in season 2, forgot what season 1 was like so may watch again at some point. Epic sound clarity too. Definitely worth watching in the dark on an OLED or ultra-wide display with the sound up.

Soldato
Watched all of season two, I still enjoyed it but I dont think it was as good as season one. I do like the fact that it looks like almost anyone can die in it.

Did you do it all in one sitting?! You must have burned through it.

Finished Ep 2, same formula, lots of flashes and no idea what is going on, but as we progress things start coming together.

Also, not as much zombie action so far, although the opening scene of Ep 1 was intense! I'm not sure where we are in the time line or if there are any characters from S1 and i've just forgotten them!

Not as good as the first, but still very good and shows the (potential) reality of an outbreak as oppose to having time to sit about to discuss morals and planting vegetables (TWD, FTWD).

Soldato
I'm not sure where we are in the time line or if there are any characters from S1 and i've just forgotten them!
It's a lot of the same characters. Blond mum and her daughter (the 'goal' in S1), the oriental girl who doesn't speak English, the soldier (took a while to see passed the beard) and the curly haired dude who has a very rough start to the season.

Caporegime
season 1 was great, season 2 just felt kinda boring imo and all over the place.
I binged both seasons in a day though so maybe was just getting tired of it

Soldato
It's a lot of the same characters. Blond mum and her daughter (the 'goal' in S1), the oriental girl who doesn't speak English, the soldier (took a while to see passed the beard) and the curly haired dude who has a very rough start to the season.

Thanks for that, going to have to look for a s1 recap. I thought I recognised the yellow raincoat guy.

Soldato
Did you do it all in one sitting?! You must have burned through it.

Finished Ep 2, same formula, lots of flashes and no idea what is going on, but as we progress things start coming together.

Also, not as much zombie action so far, although the opening scene of Ep 1 was intense! I'm not sure where we are in the time line or if there are any characters from S1 and i've just forgotten them!

Not as good as the first, but still very good and shows the (potential) reality of an outbreak as oppose to having time to sit about to discuss morals and planting vegetables (TWD, FTWD).

Ashamed to say I did it in one sitting, same cast almost but I did struggle with the soldier dude too....Yellow raincoat guy, I mean really what did he do?

Back
Top Bottom