Baldur's Gate 3

Permabanned
I tend to focus more on advancement/combat in RPG's, story is somewhat secondary for me. In that respect I found it a bit lacking, not sure why, all the elements are there.

I did not like Pillars 1 or 2, I loved Div 1 and 2. :)

Still gonna play through it all mind. :p

Man of Honour
Pillars was good, not as good as Pathfinder, which is far superior imo (and the best RPG I've ever played) but good all the same. I enjoyed what I played of Baldurs Gate 3 when it first came out in EA and then I shelved it until full release but from what I saw in that video its come along in leaps and bounds. Cant wait for full release and I might still dip into the EA from time to time while I wait...though maybe not as most of my RPG time this year will be taken up with Pathfinder 2, which should tide me over nicely until BG3 :)

Associate
PC Gamer magazine's facebook page posted about the latest update and I am once again reminded by the comments section that the PC gaming "community" is, at large, an absolute cesspit of pi**babies

Associate
Anyone hoping they're secretly working on a rtwp feature to win over the BG fans who are used to that?!
Not played the early access, maybe the route they've taken will make it impossible. Although Pillars 2 worked it in the other way around...

Man of Honour
Baldur’s Gate 3 won’t launch out of early access this year but it might launch very early 2023
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/6047774523923616374

"We’re even closer to meeting our goal, but right now our expectation is that Baldur’s Gate 3 will release out of Early Access in 2023"

Not a huge surprise, I didnt expect it this year tbh. Though I have already racked up a couple hundred hours in game, so more than got my monies worth even before release :D

Soldato
To those that have played it, does this actually feel like a baldurs gate game or just a reskinned Divinity? I'm just not getting a bg vibe at all from the videos I've seen.

Man of Honour
To those that have played it, does this actually feel like a baldurs gate game or just a reskinned Divinity? I'm just not getting a bg vibe at all from the videos I've seen.

Its a common complaint, ever since Larian was given the licence, most of the time a complaint from people who were so stuck in their ways that they didnt even want to give Larian a chance. To be completely honest with you, it felt more Divinity than Baldurs Gate when it first went into early access but now, now I would say it actually feels like neither. It feels more like actual DnD to me than either Divinity or Baldurs Gate did. In many ways its actually the most faithful to DnD that I've played, there are many DnD things in this game that no other game has ever bothered to add. So in summary, to answer the question, no, it doesnt feel like a reskinned Divinity - it feels much more and equally, no it doesnt feel like a Baldurs Gate game - it feels much more.

Associate

Feels like a reskinned Divinity to me, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I don't get the same vibe I did from Baldur's Gate 1 or 2.

Man of Honour
Feels like a reskinned Divinity to me, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I don't get the same vibe I did from Baldur's Gate 1 or 2.

What was the last patch version of it you played because like I say , initially it felt more Divinity than BG but its not felt that way for the last few versions imo

Associate
What was the last patch version of it you played because like I say , initially it felt more Divinity than BG but its not felt that way for the last few versions imo

I've dabbled with every patch bar the latest one. This game definitely has all the hallmarks and DNA of a Larian game. As I say, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but some people never gel with their style despite that. Others will love BG3 because of that Larian association.

Caporegime
I decided to give this a go thanks to Vox Machina stirring up old D&D itches.

I haven't played any recent similar games, BG2 was actually the last I played, so I don't really get the 'not a BG game' comments, but I am thoroughly enjoying my first play through (Wood Elf Light Cleric), and am looking forward to trying a Warlock Tiefling next.

Back
Top Bottom