Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Man of Honour
Update to the new OS? It's not released yet, is it? How can they update to it 'fast'?

I also doubt they'll be losing many customers at this point?

I also don't understand why it's such a big deal, the watch is amazing, one of th ebest toys I've bought and I'm just wondering how it can be better with an updated OS!!!
It's like Android updates, I never see anything different.

Associate
Just switched from iPhone 12 pro to the Samsung galaxy S21 Ultra!

Sold my Apple watch 5 and now waiting for the galaxy watch 4... Really looking into the galaxy watch 3 but may as well wait

Soldato
Still waiting on Google to fix being able to use voice assistant to make calls/text/navigate etc

Having a "smartwatch" that when I say "Phone home" replies " sorry, I can't do that anymore" is beginning to really, really **** me off :(

Soldato
Bought a galaxy active 2 4g for the missus, didn't realise Vodafone want an extra £7pm to use the data on your plan you already pay for, via the watch! Will be sending that back.

Soldato
Bought a galaxy active 2 4g for the missus, didn't realise Vodafone want an extra £7pm to use the data on your plan you already pay for, via the watch! Will be sending that back.
That's roughly what all the networks charge for the 4g watches. It means you can take and make calls on the watch without having your phone with you. It gives you an esim linked to your mobile number.

Soldato
Yeah, that's why we bought it, so she can go out without the phone. I just assumed you esim'd it and it used your plan, with no extra charge. Can't really see why they need to charge. I'm paying already.

Soldato
Yeah, that's why we bought it, so she can go out without the phone. I just assumed you esim'd it and it used your plan, with no extra charge. Can't really see why they need to charge. I'm paying already.
It's essentially an extra device with a sim so it has a small monthly charge for the extra line. As it can be used independently. If it was just connected by Bluetooth to the watch then of course there would be no charge, but you'd need your phone at all times. Apple watches are the same.

Back
Top Bottom