*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
I totally agree the engine is far superior for BR and they could have made the best one if they put proper effort on it.

Huge missed opportunity.

to be honest as a starting map it was great fun , but they needed more variety if it could have been moved and recentred ect

and then the next week you would have a large urban area they would have been onto a winner

plus the fire added some real drama to the procedings

Soldato
My guess would be that that new mode will be some 8 vs 8 esport thing. They have been trying to do something similar in Battlefield going back to BF4 but never really got it to go anywhere.

Personally I wish they would stick to one core game mode, either conquest or rush, and just stick to designing maps that play well with that. They would be better off making one great game mode that attracts people to play it rather than try to offer everything to everyone and end up pleasing no one. As for a BR mode i hope they don't bother and put the resources into the core game.

Associate
From how Jackfrags describes the Hazard Zone mode, it really does sound like an Escape from Tarkov type of mode.

It does, or maybe even Dark Zone style from The Division with weapon and kit skins as loot-able items. You lose everything you scavenged if you die though.

Associate
It does, or maybe even Dark Zone style from The Division with weapon and kit skins as loot-able items. You lose everything you scavenged if you die though.

if its closer to Division1 the darkzone in 2 war awful

I just wish they would anounce some sort of anti cheat I never thought I would say it but I miss punkbuster

Associate
My guess would be that that new mode will be some 8 vs 8 esport thing. They have been trying to do something similar in Battlefield going back to BF4 but never really got it to go anywhere.

Personally I wish they would stick to one core game mode, either conquest or rush, and just stick to designing maps that play well with that. They would be better off making one great game mode that attracts people to play it rather than try to offer everything to everyone and end up pleasing no one. As for a BR mode i hope they don't bother and put the resources into the core game.

people like different things and change of pace of play is a good thing now and then.
but yea, all out warfare is where I go

Caporegime
There are other game modes than CQL?

@Nexus18 - you hearing this? We must have stuck with a saved filter for those games.

Conquest or go home!

That was the problem with bf 1 and bf 5 and the maps, they had too much to do with making the maps work for several different game modes = **** show

Associate
Conquest or go home!

That was the problem with bf 1 and bf 5 and the maps, they had too much to do with making the maps work for several different game modes = **** show

I missed BF1 and didn’t last long on BFVto be honest, but I don’t think I ever enjoyed a game of breakthrough. Maps just turned into narrow meatgrinders and weren’t fun at all.

I hope we get some Q&A or something where someone straight up asks about anti-cheat. The state BFV was left in should be a major red flag for all of us.

Soldato
OP
I missed BF1 and didn’t last long on BFVto be honest, but I don’t think I ever enjoyed a game of breakthrough. Maps just turned into narrow meatgrinders and weren’t fun at all.

I hope we get some Q&A or something where someone straight up asks about anti-cheat. The state BFV was left in should be a major red flag for all of us.
You can't fix cheaters mate.

Even cod war zone has cheats

Caporegime
And do what?
a lot of the cheats are paid cheats, some used to be on a subscription service.

probably still the same

hire some russian hackers or chinese hackers, whoever isn't making cheats and target the people who are, dox them.

must be illegal what they are doing anyway? in most sane countries?

Easier way let the community have their own servers..... like the old days you know community policed servers to keep the cheats out

Soldato
OP
a lot of the cheats are paid cheats, some used to be on a subscription service.

probably still the same

hire some russian hackers or chinese hackers, whoever isn't making cheats and target the people who are, dox them.

must be illegal what they are doing anyway? in most sane countries?

Easier way let the community have their own servers..... like the old days you know community policed servers to keep the cheats out
yea i would love for comunity servers

Man of Honour
And do what?

What I have said time and again on this forum.

You ban anyone who is caught cheating, not just ban them from the game they are cheating in, but ban them from every game you ever make, past, present and future. Then all the various game companies make a mutual agreement that anyone caught cheating isnt banned only from that 1 companies games but every companies games, past, present and future.

You ban every payment form they use, if they bought the game using paypal, you ban that paypal account from ever buying any game again, if they paid by credit card you ban that card from ever buying any game ever again.

You also hardware ban them, again, from every game ever.

You put the email address of anyone banned onto a centrally located list of banned users, searchable so that anyone can perform a search of someones email to see if they are banned for cheating anywhere.

These are just some ways (there are more that I can give) which , if companies are truly serious about stopping cheats, could do. However, none of the above will ever happen because the bottom line is that companies are not truly serious about stopping cheats, all they actually want to do is be "seen" to be doing something, no matter how small, so..just enough. On top of that, lets face it, when a company releases a press statement like "we've banned 65,000 accounts this month for cheating" , how do we even really know that they have banned 65,000 accounts for cheating. We only have their word for it, it might only be 5,000. Who knows...

Associate
The infantry action will be what makes or breaks the game for me and my clan

And meat grinders are not the answer

Already the warning signs are there with four man squads and maybe to many large open areas

Associate
Battlefield you get some but never that many just lots of people moaning about cheats instead of getting on with things and improving

For BFV this is just totally false. I gave up plying when the overwhelming majority of games had blatant cheaters in. Living in the Asia Pacific region, I could join a US hosted server and there’d be about a 40-50% chance of a hacker. Join an Asian hosted server and it would go up to about 90%. Some games could even have 3/4 hackers in.

Like someone mentioned community servers are the easiest way to solve this issue and require DICE to do very little. I played BF4 a lot and can count on one hand the number of times there was a hacker. Everyone laughed as it was such a rare occasion and then the admins kicked and banned them.

Back
Top Bottom