***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

Man of Honour
Right, I'm always getting that wrong.

Turns out they had 18 months to make it, and the deal was they'd get royalties if the game scored at least 85% on metacritic.

It received 84%. Wounding.

Yeah. They got absolutely shafted on it. But they bounced back and have made some amazing games since.

Associate
I'd say the market is overcrowded with fantasy games - a genre I was tired of years ago - and the post-apocalyptic thing is also overdone.
But a proper, big space RPG? Long overdue IMHO. I'm a Sci Fi nerd and it's precisely this setting from a company with this heritage that has piqued my interest.

Associate
I'd say the market is overcrowded with fantasy games - a genre I was tired of years ago - and the post-apocalyptic thing is also overdone.
But a proper, big space RPG? Long overdue IMHO. I'm a Sci Fi nerd and it's precisely this setting from a company with this heritage that has piqued my interest.

Well said, I for one are fed up with endless Fantasy and other genres. I suspect Mass Effect set such a high bar no one has worked out how to best it, but it would be nice to see it attempted.

Associate
Wonder if they'll hit their targeted release date of 11.11.22 (in time for the crimbo market)?
I fully expect it to be riddled with bugs, like normal :D.

Caporegime
I've bought x4, but I've not given it a go yet. I do love squardons (because star wars) but its a bit shallow. I agree though, seems every game is battle royale or zombies.
I want nomans sky crossed with battlestar galactica type situation.

Could be amazing if made by like rockstar :D

Constantly hunted by a superior enemy who keeps showing up almost like clock work whilst your struggle to survive and gather resources.

Throw in a command room and control table like BSG where you can defend your fleet and organise them like a real commander or assign someone else to do it whilst you fly a ship instead.

add some base building and defence

throw in a story line or rip of BSG but without the crappy ending.

10/10 would BUY

Soldato
Constantly hunted by a superior enemy who keeps showing up almost like clock work whilst your struggle to survive and gather resources.

isn't that every multiplayer survival game ever made?

spawn in, eat bugs for 2 hours while you gather enough wood to make a pickaxe, spend 6 hours building a stone hovel then get ripped to shreds by some clan who've built a base that takes up half the map and have all the top end gear?

Soldato
you must be terrible at gaming m8 :cry:

not terrible, but by dint of not being a teenager, american basement dweller or twitch personality i don't have the time to dedicate to games to "get gud" :p

but not really you never watched the BSG series? it's almost the perfect setup for an epic space game if you remove the religious crap

yeah i did quite like BSG, quite a nice theme to it. i get what you mean with regards to the being chased down, guess the difficult thing is that a lot of the more mundane filler (ie everything that's not pew pew space battles) probably works a lot better on a tv series than a video game.

Back
Top Bottom