Looking a SFF pc for livingroom but how to control it?

Soldato
I'm looking to get a SFF PC built for my living room to run on the TV for things like VPN's and netflix. One question I have though is how do you control it? I currently have a firestick and just use the firestick controller to run Kodi, Netflix, youtube apps etc. If I got a SFF PC, how would I control it? wireless keyboard or is there a "remote control" I can get for it so the kids can use it to watch youtube on like they do now with the firestick

Associate
Rii X1 is worth a look. Been using it for several years with a Windows machine connected to TV.

Equal size to the TV remote and surprisingly durable, survived quote a few knocks and falls so far. Also very good value for money compared to the competition.

Man of Honour
I use a "Microsoft All-in-One Media Keyboard with Integrated Track Pad" but price on them is kind of high at the moment.

Associate
If you want to keep it simple, you could just run Kodi and access Netflix, YouTube, etc through that. If your TV and pc supports ARC then you can control the basic functions of Kodi using the TV remote. I do that using a pi4 and lg oled55b6 (actually I just use Kodi for video files on the local network and use TV smart apps for streaming services).

Soldato
probably easier to get a smart tv isnt it? aside from kodi as ive not looked on ours, it has netflix, youtube etc. or if you do need a separate device then any of the mini pcs you see about, maybe a Nuc if you want specific storage quantity and faster ram option. dont know about nucs, but some mini pcs do include remotes i think.

Back
Top Bottom