Build and sell house for profit?

Soldato
ah go on then, i'll bite...

who is when?
how many years ago?
are you aware of the changes in building regs since then?
How much modern equipment do you have? as last i checked a nail gun isn't usually a direct replacement for bricks and mortar...

How would you purchase the plot of land?
will it already have planning permission?
will you apply for said permission?
will you design it yourself?

Don't forget this is the same person that can't cut a piece of wood straight, and now he's going to buy a plot of land and build a house...

Soldato
As you clearly haven’t got a clue I’d say go for it let us know how you get on.

He was asking how to drill a pilot hole in some wood the other day.

I would say you're a good 20 years too late OP, the cost of buying land is now very expensive. By the time you've paid for materials and trades you're not going to have much left over. For the amount of work involved and the element of risk.

Far less work to just invest it.

Soldato
OP
He was asking how to drill a pilot hole in some wood the other day.

I would say you're a good 20 years too late OP, the cost of buying land is now very expensive. By the time you've paid for materials and trades you're not going to have much left over. For the amount of work involved and the element of risk.

Far less work to just invest it.

This is the info I'm looking for.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Invest in Bitcoin instead; it'll save you two to three years of stress and hard work and lose the same amount of money overnight. :p

Associate
An easier way to make money is probably to buy parcels of land (paddocks/gardens etc) off of main roads where there has been some previous development, pursue planning permission for years, then sell plot once it's granted.

Seen a couple happen around here recently. Small fields that once had a horse & a shed on them now have a 5 bed detached house.

Permabanned
Theoretically its doable, my uncle has been doing it for years, probably onto his 4th or 5th house now, though he does a lot of work himself now. Biggest hurdle is probably acquiring suitable land as loads of people want to do it.

Back
Top Bottom