MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Associate
Can I ask what audio drivers everyone is running? I've downloaded the ones from MSI website but the configure button in audio devices is greyed out for me? Have let windows update drivers as well and tried on MSI website but they don't work
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-X570-TOMAHAWK-WIFI#down-driver&Win10 64

Even tried connecting headset via USB/3.5. Only difference is that I see 24bit on 3.5mm jack

Associate
Which BIOS are you running. I only run the fan curves off the CPU at the moment on BIOS 1.6 but can't confirm what you are seeing till I get home in a couple of days. Someone here will be able to confirm I expect.

The latest: 1.6

Can I ask what audio drivers everyone is running? I've downloaded the ones from MSI website but the configure button in audio devices is greyed out for me? Have let windows update drivers as well and tried on MSI website but they don't work
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-X570-TOMAHAWK-WIFI#down-driver&Win10 64

Even tried connecting headset via USB/3.5. Only difference is that I see 24bit on 3.5mm jack

I'm using the Realtek audio drivers you mentioned. Are you sure no sound devices are manually disabled? (check device manager).

Associate
The latest: 1.6

I'm using the Realtek audio drivers you mentioned. Are you sure no sound devices are manually disabled? (check device manager).

It's greyed out as you can see, below. I've checked device manager and they're all enabled. Only Playback device that I change the options on is my monitor connected via Displayport
Capture.png

Associate
Weird bug: I can see a PCIE_1 temperature in the hardware monitor section of the BIOS, but I cannot select it as a temperature source for a smart fan curve. Is this normal? (only options there are CPU, System, MOS and something else).
Did you ever resolve this? I had a look and I could see and select any of the options including PCIE_1.

Soldato
Hi guys,

Is everyone else only reporting 3/4 fans, assuming they have 4 connected in Windows? I haven't checked in on the bios yet.

123.jpg

I definitely have x4 PWM connected.

Currently still on 7C84v13 2020-09-07.

Thanks.
I definitely DIDN'T have 4x single fans connected... I've got them on adaptors. I'm an idiot.

Still, I used the opportunity today to re-paste my cpu. Same Arctic 5, managed to drop a couple of degrees :)

Grain of rice sized, dead centre.

Associate
I definitely DIDN'T have 4x single fans connected... I've got them on adaptors. I'm an idiot.

Still, I used the opportunity today to re-paste my cpu. Same Arctic 5, managed to drop a couple of degrees :)

Grain of rice sized, dead centre.

I assume you have updated your BIOS to 1.6 too? :)
I reported a couple of bugs to MSI in previous versions. Both in the Board Explorer Section. One bug was that the two M2 slots reported the same device and another was one USB header reporting what was connected to a different USB header.
I don't know if these were simply "cosmetic" or if the BIOS would also report wrong info back to windows HW monitoring apps. Probably just duff code in Board Explorer as the M2 and USB ports all seem to work as expected.

Soldato
I assume you have updated your BIOS to 1.6 too? :)
I reported a couple of bugs to MSI in previous versions. Both in the Board Explorer Section. One bug was that the two M2 slots reported the same device and another was one USB header reporting what was connected to a different USB header.
I don't know if these were simply "cosmetic" or if the BIOS would also report wrong info back to windows HW monitoring apps. Probably just duff code in Board Explorer as the M2 and USB ports all seem to work as expected.
Yep, all updated. I tend to leave it as long as I can with bios updates because of the time it takes to reconfigure my fan profiles - surely at some point they'll make all settings exportable?

Associate
Yep, all updated. I tend to leave it as long as I can with bios updates because of the time it takes to reconfigure my fan profiles - surely at some point they'll make all settings exportable?
Yeah, I wrote down step-by-step notes on fan setup sequence/values and can do it pretty quick now. Although yours might involve a few more steps. I don't use all the headers

Associate
Cool, did you post your guide here? I kind of get it now but it took me ages in the beginning...
Nope. It's only scribbled notes in abbreviated form that means something to me. I would have to tart it up and be far more specific to make it of any value as a set of instructions. I expect it would generate more questions than I could answer :)

Associate
Anyone hazard a guess which sysfan header that the overall 'system temp' is taken from?
I didn't think the sensors were anywhere near the headers. I have read that the system sensor is somewhere near PCI slot 1 on some MSI boards, not sure about this one though.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
New bios : 7C84v172(Beta version)

some guy on reddit said:
The AMD AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch B BIOS Firmware also extends support to the Ryzen 5000G APUs (Cezanne) and Ryzen 5000 CPUs (Vermeer B2 Stepping). One of the key features of the Patch B BIOS is that it resolves all USB issues that users have been facing on Ryzen 5000 systems. Aside from that, there aren't any major updates or changes listed but for those who have been facing these issues, it's once again advised to move to the new BIOS for stability.

Associate
Out of interest, has anyone got USB issues. I thought I had a couple of problems with devices showing in the device manager but MSFS and other apps not seeing them. It was usually resolved with a PC restart but I hate having to do that just to make things work as they should.

Associate
Out of interest, has anyone got USB issues. I thought I had a couple of problems with devices showing in the device manager but MSFS and other apps not seeing them. It was usually resolved with a PC restart but I hate having to do that just to make things work as they should.
No issues here. My USB devices are a USB camera, a HyperX Cloud Alpha headphone/sound card, my Oneplus 5 phone device (ADB debugging), K70 keyboard and steelseries mouse. No issues at this point, running latest stable bios.

Soldato
I've not had any USB problems with specific peripherals, but have had trouble specifically with the USB-C port on the rear IO - had a memory card reader that kept connecting and disconnecting. I'm guessing it was a physical issue (like port not gripping the connector tight enough to stop it twisting out of place when stood vertically or something) rather than firmware or anything like that though as it worked fine plugged into a normal USB port via an adapter.

Back
Top Bottom