Im on day 5 of my nutrition shake diet

Soldato
Yea, totally. So this is all based on my weight but if you're not arsed just do what you like lol I'm now 93kg - was 106kg.

Brioche bun - or burger bun but brioche is nicer
200g of chicken fillets
50g cornflakes
1tbsp flour
1 med egg
Seasoning
Lettuce
1tsp mayo
1tsp ketchup
some cucumber
as many pickles as you want chopped up.

Frying pan, dry toast the buns.

Crush cornflakes in a bag or bowl. Dip chicken (200g is normally 3-4 fillets) into flour, beat the egg, dip in there after then the cornflakes. Do it to all of them and season with salt and pepper. 190c oven for 15min

Chop up your pickles, slap mayo on both sides of toasted bun. Pickles on top of bottom bun side, followed by 4 slices of cucumber and lettuce. Chicken out after 15min, slap it on top, then ketchup, then lettuce and top bun.

Simple.

Soldato
I've lost 4.3kg in 10 days (94.6k on the morning of Tuesday 1st June to 90.3kg this morning) - I'm limiting myself to 1500 carlories a day and walking 10,000 steps (to be honest, I was walking around 8,000 a day before the diet I just didn't ever count them). Fully vegan diet, cook from fresh every night. We did 9 meals worth of shopping a few days ago and spent £90 (though that did include some household goods and a couple of beers). So probably £70 for 9 meals with enough for left over lunches. £4 a day? Done.

Meals take 15-45 minutes to cook. No processed food. I have a piece of toast and marmite and a piece of fruit for breakfast. I'll have a different type of fruit around 11am. Lunch at half 1 is usually leftovers from the night before and dinner is dinner. You don't need to go for any shakes. Avoid ready meals. Move more, eat less. I appreciate my weight loss will slow down, but I'm amazed how much I've lost and I look miles better. The thing that made me go on a diet was I saw myself in a reflection and I had a big middle aged man belly (I'm 32). It was horrible. I went out today and saw a reflection and there was a noticeable difference.

It won't take you two hours to cook. I've done a Meal Planning thread on here recently but it didn't get a huge amount of traction but these are our dinners this week. I'm feeling full after eating dinner, I'm not snacking because I didn't buy any snacks and I'm drinking heaps of water. I'll let you into a secret, if you're hungry, go drink some water (or some squash).

Baked potato with beans, cheese and salad
Herby brown rice with roast vegetables and hummus
Squash erriserri
Coconut rice, aubergine & pickled cucumber
Bibambap
Kung pao cauliflower with Singapore Noodles
Green bean, sugarsnap Asian salad
Char sui tofu with ginger rice.
Kidney bean, carrot and coriander burgers with chips.

Soldato
@randomshenans - I did a katsu curry this evening with proper panko breadcrumbs using the flour, egg, breadcrumb method, but would never have considered cornflakes as an alternative! Sounds great and might give it a go! Bet it makes the chicken super crispy!

I’ve been eating more, which is bad for the gut, but excellent for getting back to lifting weights!

Associate
OP
have you lost any weight yet?

He's pre-occupied arguing about fitting kitchen units in his living room at the moment... :cry:

LOL.

Sorry I forgot to give an update, and the results are very curious and I don't get it at all.

I *FEEL* a LOT better now. No more chest pain, and it looks like my face and belly are smaller than they were before.

I've lost at most 2 kg. The scale is at around 83-84 kg now.

I think the problem I had was too much unhealthy fat and sugar, and not at all my weight. These shakes replace that with healthy carbs and fats.

I suppose I will gradually lose more, but this honestly feels tremendously better than rapid weight loss would which I've tried many times before, but then always reverted to bad habits.

What I need to do is simply continue substituting half of my normal food intake with 1 shake, and continuing to no longer eat sugar or saturated fats, and also and carbs I normally eat are now wholewheat pasta and brown rice and actually less than half what I did before, except for the occasional same reduced amount of white pasta and rice just to slowly finish off what I already have, but after that no more sugar or white carbs.

I need to make this not just a long term, but a permanent commitment for it to work. It looks like the heart attack risk has already diminished which was the main thing, and I don't want that coming back nor do I want to end up diabetic which my old diet wouild have done within a few more years.

Associate
OP
Well I haven't had any alcohol for over a month and just dipped into my remaining bottles again:

wPBUgyL.jpg

There isn't much of it left and I'm not buying anymore, and it was around 3 years since I last had any before I felt like buying these again.

I just discovered that the orange vodka & raspberry fanta is beyond incredible. Yum yum drunk drunk for the last time time.

Soldato
You can still enjoy alcohol while on a calories controlled diet just need to be a bit clever about it. Any more than one or two pints of beer/cider is out of the question. But a gin or vodka with a diet mixer will only be about 50 ish calories. The problem with getting drunk though is the possible wanting to eat a load of food before going to bed.

Associate
OP
You can still enjoy alcohol while on a calories controlled diet just need to be a bit clever about it. Any more than one or two pints of beer/cider is out of the question. But a gin or vodka with a diet mixer will only be about 50 ish calories. The problem with getting drunk though is the possible wanting to eat a load of food before going to bed.

I have it less than once a week and after having some yesterday still want more of the fruity vodka. They do a bunch of those flavoured ones and they are unbelievably smooth and make pop taste better, but not as stupidly sweet as schnapps. Its also the same price as normal vodka, £16 a litre, and these two bottles have lasted me about 4 months. The plain Absolut was ick and cost more, I just want the fruit ones (they have raspberry and watermelon ones too, maybe another one I can't remember).

Back
Top Bottom