Transgender MTF picked for Olympics weightlifting

Soldato
I'm not saying whether it's right or wrong, to be honest I don't think she should be allowed to compete since she had the advantage of training and competing as a man up to her 30s. It's some posters have got it in her head that she will turn up and throw up a 50kg heavier lift than the other competitors, Hubbard will be competitive but she's not massively in front of the rest.
Fair enough, i rescind my sarcastic ending.

Soldato
To add, how can we make it fair so that white people have a chance of ever winning a medal again.

Its probably worth noting that a white woman also has no chance of winning a gold medal in the 100m, 200m etc
Swings and roundabouts.
Running medals are for black people, swimming medals are for white people.:D

303krn.jpg

Soldato

The World Athletic Championships in Doha, 29 September 2019. The 4x400 mixed relay final (2 men and 2 women per team) sees Poland, with a female runner, start the last leg with at least a five-second lead. Most teams chose this strategy: Male Female Female Male. So they chose a male for a good head start and a male as the last anchor to hold in their position. However, Poland decided to do: Male Male Female Female Their strategy was trying to get a large enough lead in order for the last female anchor to be able to hold out...

Soldato
10% of people are gay, it doesn't change their sex but something different is going on.

6% see themselves as LGBTQ+, I always thought they greatly exaggerated the amount gay people back in the 90's when growing up but a recent survay showed that only 6% see themselves as anything other than straight.

Associate
But that doesn't fit the narrative! GET IT OUT OF HERE!!!
Cherry speeding past her was funny.
In the context of this thread that seems an entirely false comparison as presumably the male athletes in that race didn't have their testosterone levels artificially limited.

Soldato
It's one 40+ competitor for now, she will only make one Olympics , we will see how long for other Male to Female athletes to come along and it to become more of a deal.

Surely in something as highly competitive as the Olympics one unfair competitor being allowed to compete is already destroying the integrity of the competition. It's literally just a matter of time until there's no such thing as female athletics, so there will be no female athletes. If the women's category isn't protected from people who are basically cheaters then it's pointless any women showing up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely in a something as highly competitive as the Olympics one unfair competitor being allowed to compete is already destroying the integrity of the competition. It's literally just a matter of time until there's no such thing as female athletics, so there will be no female athletes. If the women's category isn't protected from people who are basically cheaters then it's pointless any women showing up.

I don't think having one competitor in weight lifting event will be much of a deal tbh (to public perception). As I said, if it ends up there are other MtF athletes then it will be scrutinised a lot more and it may sway public perception (this is what the ICO cares about at the end of the day). But if it's just Hubbard this year then there's none next Olympics it will be at the back of the public's minds.

Soldato
I don't think having one competitor in weight lifting event will be much of a deal tbh (to public perception). As I said, if it ends up there are other MtF athletes then it will be scrutinised a lot more and it may sway public perception (this is what the ICO cares about at the end of the day). But if it's just Hubbard this year then there's none next Olympics it will be at the back of the public's minds.

What if Hubbard breaks some records, how do you think the women who held those records will feel? Should there be an asterix next to Hubbards name stating that she was born male? In basically every single event, a man could choose to compete as a woman and break world records, and because of the accolades at stake that will inevitably happen, so how does female athletics have any integrity at all? It no longer does and I feel sorry for any girl growing up who wants to be a professional athlete.

Back
Top Bottom