Transgender MTF picked for Olympics weightlifting

Soldato
I suppose the ultimate question to ask is why do we separate men and women when it comes to sport and athletic events?

I actually wonder if the reason for the Olympics committee allowing this individual to compete is because it highlights the inherent inequality and lack of fairness when it comes to allowing trans-woman athletes to compete in women's events. Weight lifting after all seems like the most obvious sport where the physical advantages of being born male provide a clear advantage.

It'll be interesting to see how she fares in the Olympics!

Last edited:
Soldato
I suppose the ultimate question to ask is why do we separate men and women when it comes to sport and athletic events?

I actually wonder if the reason for the Olympics committee allowing this individual to compete is because it highlights the inherent inequality and lack of fairness when it comes to allowing trans-woman athletes to compete in women's events. Weight lifting after all seems like the most obvious sport where the physical advantages of being born male provide a clear advantage.

It'll be interesting to see how she fares in the Olympics!

It's not the ICO allowing just Hubbard to compete. The rules for trans athletes was changed a few years ago so that to compete they just need their testosterone in a 'normal female ' level for a set period of time. There's nothing in the rules stopping other trans athletes competing in other events we just haven't had any others yet. Hubbard has been competing for a few years now as a female, there was a bit of talk regarding the subject before but now it's became headline news as she is going to the Olympics.

Man of Honour
It could be quite interesting removing male/female from the olympics and have everyone compete against one another. Ultimately the males will generally be at the top of the results table, which means that the women would never win medals. Alternatively you can set it up in divisions, and people can win their division, which means as the divisions get lower women will have a chance at winning medals as well. so you could be a gold medalist in division 12 - which as of today's standards might be less worthy, but then the gold medal of division 1 will be the ultimate accolade.

Soldato
Why don't we have gender-free combat sports? Or simply just put women in the men's elite rugby and watch the injuries pile up.

Of course, there would be no reason why injuries would occur, it would just be a coincidence. Death and injury shouldn't be offensive.

Soldato
It wouldn't be interesting to remove the male and female category, because in 4 years time there would be no professional female athletes of any kind, so it would just be an all male Olympics

Soldato
It could be quite interesting removing male/female from the olympics and have everyone compete against one another. Ultimately the males will generally be at the top of the results table, which means that the women would never win medals. Alternatively you can set it up in divisions, and people can win their division, which means as the divisions get lower women will have a chance at winning medals as well. so you could be a gold medalist in division 12 - which as of today's standards might be less worthy, but then the gold medal of division 1 will be the ultimate accolade.

Well, it does make sense when you have a left leaning or very feminist view and spend decades advocating for true equality and this would be the true reality of what they wanted.

Soldato
It wouldn't be interesting to remove the male and female category, because in 4 years time there would be no professional female athletes of any kind, so it would just be an all male Olympics

They don't have a male or female category now. It's not based on biological sex but gender.

Maybe the agenda here is to progressively blur the lines of gender to have an all inclusive Olympics where all are equal.

Caporegime
They don't have a male or female category now. It's not based on biological sex but gender.

:confused:

Men's 100M
Women's 100M

Man and woman, those definitions go back to biblical times well before all of the madness started and refer to physical form.

As far as I know they don't have any of the following categories:

His 100M
Hers 100M
Xers 100M
Jedi's 100M
Furry's 100M

Maybe the agenda here is to progressively blur the lines of gender to have an all inclusive Olympics where all are equal.

It's like saying you want equality between F1 and F3, the only outcome will be less women in sport as they are gradually pushed out, how very progressive to turn back the clock on women's opportunities.

What next? an all inclusive Olympics where Paralympics is merged with the Olympics?

Last edited:
Soldato
Men's 100M
Women's 100M

You have confirmed my point as these are genders, not biological sexes. Thanks.

biblical times

Thankfully we have moved on from biblical times.

It's like saying you want equality between F1 and F3, the only outcome will be less women in sport as they are gradually pushed out, how very progressive to turn back the clock on women's opportunities.

I never mentioned what I want so don't put words into my mouth.

I did express my thoughts/opinions on what the IOC and other governing bodies might want or work towards.

Back
Top Bottom