Wokery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Not really "Inspired by" George Floyd at all then, more an acknowledgment that his death bought about lots of discussion about racial equality and it made their own team think about offering more colours.

Why am I responding to this!
Not really "inspired by", no. I wasn't agreeing with the dumb DM article (which I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it was paid for by M&S to drum up publicity for this complete non-event), just correcting the misinformation that GF wasn't mentioned in the press release.

Soldato
I saw this posted on twitter. My comment was something like "ahhh M&S found a bandwagon to jump on".

This is a crass marketing exercise so they can exploit the situation to make more money.

I noticed there is no mention of them donating money.

Caporegime
I saw this posted on twitter. My comment was something like "ahhh M&S found a bandwagon to jump on".

This is a crass marketing exercise so they can exploit the situation to make more money.

I noticed there is no mention of them donating money.

Well, seeing as the BML organisation has been shown to be nothing but a cash cow for its founders there's nowhere to really donate to!

Commissario
Didn't we have pretty much this same silly nonsense when one of the big sticky plaster brands announced they'd be doing them in colours other than pink and cars/barbie?
And again when IIRC one of the big make up companies launched it's first range of makeup intended for anything other than sun starved albino's?

Discrete coloured underwear is something a lot of people want/need for different reasons as anything that is a different colour from the background (IE skin) can show up under thinner outer clothing which is something most women tend not to want all the time.
It's nothing more than a major brand realising they've left out a potentially profitable part of the market and aiming to try and make more money by catering to them.

IIRC the likes of "body stockings" worn by dancers/actors have had a similar issue and it wasn't until recently that one of the big manufacturers of them actually made them in "non white" tones, prior to that it was very hard for a lot of actors/actresses/dancers to get something that was close to their skin tone.

Man of Honour
[..]
It's nothing more than a major brand realising they've left out a potentially profitable part of the market and aiming to try and make more money by catering to them. [..]

That would be true if they'd just sold them. But they made a public statement connecting the clothing range to politics, thus making it political. That's what some people are objecting to. I'm almost sure M&S have already been selling them, anyway.

Caporegime
That would be true if they'd just sold them. But they made a public statement connecting the clothing range to politics, thus making it political. That's what some people are objecting to. I'm almost sure M&S have already been selling them, anyway.

This. Particularly linking them to the violent, drug abusing criminal.

Man of Honour
[..] I even saw someone claim a red card at the Euros the other night was because of wokeism :cry::cry:

It's football. Some players will claim anything to get an advantage. Someone's wrist lightly brushed your shoulder as you both went for the ball? Drop like you've been clubbed with a baseball bat! Someone touched a football six inches from your leg? Roll around clutching your shin like a mob enforcer has broken it with a crowbar! It's reasonable to start from the assumption that any claim made in football is probably a lie.

Soldato

It's fine though because easily offended, middle-aged, white men aren't the target demographic for this product.

Soldato
It's fine though because easily offended, middle-aged, white men aren't the target demographic for this product.

I was just about to ask, as I haven't had time to read the whole thread, if anyone has come out accusing anyone who finds it ridiculous as being a "gammon".

I was not disappointed.

Although I'm sure you'd be disappointed to know that most people don't really give a ****, and just shake their head in disbelief and see right through the virtue signalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom