Sale of goods / customer rights, etc?

Commissario
Hi GD

I'm after a little advice before I make a phone call this morning.

I bought something on the 27th May, quite a substantial purchase and it failed yesterday. I've been running it totally within specifications, in fact at a third of it's rating. I've provided additional cooling and I've taken every step possible to treat it with kid gloves. No, it's not a graphics card.

The fact it's failed so quickly concerns me. I suspect the retailer is going to check it, confirm what's failed and want to return it to the manufacturer to repair under warranty. Going by recent reports, that could take three to six months.

This was ordered online, paid for over the phone and collected from the shop.

What are my rights here?

Caporegime
Consumer Rights Act 2015. Within 30 days of purchase you can claim a full refund for goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described.

Soldato
I think you're entitled to a refund since it's under a month old. They might also offer an exchange. Having failed within a month I think they'd struggle to suggest it's anything other than a manufacturing fault unless there's signs of abuse. In the circumstances the time that it's failed in, I'd prefer a refund and time to consider alternatives.

Commissario
OP
That seems fairly cut and dried, thanks.

What I'm hoping to do is use the money paid to buy something else which is slightly cheaper and use the difference as a deposit for an alternative product.

Why so secretive about what it is? :p
No secret. It's actually irrelevant to the question but it's an amplifier.

Back
Top Bottom