• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
Appreciate the 3080Ti and 3070TI are flavour of the month for the time being, but has anyone managed to find any MSRP 3060TI's recently?? It's the one card I can't seem to find anywhere and was the one I was hoping to get my hands on, but I've literally not found one in stock through most major retailers in about 2 months now :( Don't really want to pay £900ish for a 3070 because that's a depressing thought.

Associate
Wonder if eBay fees are also a big factor in pushing GPU prices up? I had my EVGA 1080ti Hybrid on there last week and it ended up being bid up to £425 but eBay want £56. Apparently they even take a cut of the postage now and charge you VAT for the postage even when you don't involve them for the postage. I charged £10 for shipping, buyer pays it and I give it to royal mail so why should eBay take a cut of that and charge VAT on it!!

I know they are transparent with their fees and all but it's still daylight robbery imo.

I'm half tempted to cancel the transaction and refund the buyer because giving eBay £56 is madness.

People look to eBay first when valuing an item so if sellers are inflating prices to cover eBay fees then that is influencing the market value surely.

Last edited:
Associate
Same happened to me I sold my evga 1080ti ftw3 card on there and having to pay eBay £40 sellers fees !! I should have just got my mrs to put it on fb market place but you live and learn I shan’t use eBay to sell anymore I know that.

Permabanned
Wonder if eBay fees are also a big factor in pushing GPU prices up? I had my EVGA 1080ti Hybrid on there last week and it ended up being bid up to £425 but eBay want £56. Apparently they even take a cut of the postage now and charge you VAT for the postage even when you don't involve them for the postage. I charged £10 for shipping, buyer pays it and I give it to royal mail so why should eBay take a cut of that and charge VAT on it!!

I know they are transparent with their fees and all but it's still daylight robbery imo.

I'm half tempted to cancel the transaction and refund the buyer because giving eBay £56 is madness.

People look to eBay first when valuing an item so if sellers are inflating prices to cover eBay fees then that is influencing the market value surely.

That's a high cut! Now they take payment directly so there is no escaping those fees.

Permabanned
Yep, seems like the recent change has actually made things worse, they kept saying that sellers would be better off but I don't think that's the case.

I think the site was in trouble leading up to pandemic , but the pandemic saved them big! With everyone selling and shopping online.

But they have serious competition.

Associate
That's a high cut! Now they take payment directly so there is no escaping those fees.

So all these people that bought FE 3090's for £1400 and are selling them on eBay for £2000 will have eBay fees of £280 ish plus postage cost of £10 (uninsured) or £30 (insured for full value). So they are only making £290-310 profit and thats only if they can actually sell them for £2000 which is unlikely at the minute because the prices on eBay are falling steadily.

Realistically they won't be selling them for that much at the minute because there are tons on ebay so they could potentially only make £100 or even take a loss if the prices continuously fall. So, was it really worth it? Hopefully it'll be a teaching moment for a lot of them and they won't be so quick to do it again next time.

Associate
Still would not pay that price for a card without warranty anybody would be mad to do so.
Of course, we are just waiting for the shelves to fill up again and stay available for sometime.

I would like have choices again, compare and contrast… and not grab whatever I can get my hands on from an alert.

Back
Top Bottom