Disney +

Soldato
Today i paid for a year subscription £59 (works out just under £5 per month)

So now am Looking at either dropping my 4K Netflix subscription down to just the HD version at £9.99 per month or even cancelling it

Last edited:
Soldato
Today i been thinking about just how cheap this really is with it only costing about £5 per month

If i remember right i used to pay around that price just to rent 1 or 2 movies from blockbuster about 10 years ago + you also had the car fuel cost on top to go pick up & return them blockbuster videos

Soldato
It's going up to £7.99 for new customers from end of Feb.
That why i signed up for a 1 year subscription now before the price went up any more :)

Was £50 last year, Now £60, In a few weeks time it going be £80
Hate to see how much it going to cost in another 2 to 5 years time if this price increase rate carries on :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
The new tally represents a rise of 8 million subscribers since their 86.8 million tally as of December 2, while also exceeding their four-year projection of 90 million subscribers in just 14 months.

The massive growth likely benefited from the highly-anticipated release of the Pixar animated movie Soul, which debuted on Christmas Day.
I say the virus lock downs that been happening everyway has a lot more to do with this ;)

Specially the families that have there kids struck inside the house almost 24/7 due to the lock downs :p

Associate
I say the virus lock downs that been happening everyway has a lot more to do with this ;)

Specially the families that have there kids struck inside the house almost 24/7 due to the lock downs :p

I think for us the subscription services fall into 3 buckets

Must haves: Disney+, Netflix and Prime.

Nice to haves: NowTV.

Waste of money: HayU, all of the terrestrial paid for TV subscriptions and the smaller niche offerings.

If it wasn’t for the free delivery Prime would probably fall into the Nice to have/waste of money category.

Also with Disney sucking up a lot of content over the next few years I can see NowTV also falling into the waste of money category.

Soldato
I think for us the subscription services fall into 3 buckets

Must haves: Disney+, Netflix and Prime.

Nice to haves: NowTV.

Waste of money: HayU, all of the terrestrial paid for TV subscriptions and the smaller niche offerings.

If it wasn’t for the free delivery Prime would probably fall into the Nice to have/waste of money category.

Also with Disney sucking up a lot of content over the next few years I can see NowTV also falling into the waste of money category.
After are lockdown have finished which by then it should be spring/summer i be cancelling my sky TV as now i have netflix, Disney+ & amazon prime all for less then £30pm,
My sky TV now feels such a rip off costing well over double the cost at £71 pm and it only 1080i :mad:

Associate
After are lockdown have finished which by then it should be spring/summer i be cancelling my sky TV as now i have netflix, Disney+ & amazon prime all for less then £30pm,
My sky TV now feels such a rip off costing well over double the cost at £71 pm and it only 1080i :mad:

Yep we moved away from traditional sky years ago. We did get NowTV but that only costs us 12-13 quid a month for the movies and entertainment passes combined after the discounts. I think we currently get somewhere between 40-50% off. If it was full price I would seriously consider cancelling it.

Soldato
Just for anyone who's interested, you can log in to Disney+ and change the age verification to 18+ in the settings, this unlocks a whole new section of movies and tv shows. :)

Caporegime
Needs to be done on the website, not the app.
I’ve tried through the website but doesn’t give me any options to change profile etc.

You can do it in the app. Edit profiles and set age limits. Certainly I can, anyway.

Unless you need to enable it in the account somewhere first? I don't remember doing that, but maybe I did?

Yes I tried through website then on my iPhone app but could not do it. I’ll have to try on the Disney app in my LG tv when I get home later.

Back
Top Bottom