Transgender MTF picked for Olympics weightlifting

Man of Honour
You neither understand how language works, nor Nineteen Eighty-Four. Like.. I can only do so much on a computing retailer's forum, y'know. At some point you gotta get out there and educate yourself.

I understand the idea of descriptivism in language. I also understand the idea of deliberately corrupting language for the purposes of gaining power. Which is what you are trying to do. I reject your silly authoritarianism. You don't have enough power to impose your will on me.

If your position can't stand honestly, should it stand at all?

Soldato
It will be interesting to see how other countries and their athletes react. Also, it might be the first time a lot of the public get exposed to the trans issue. With any luck it'll be an emperor's new clothes moment.

Soldato
It will be interesting to see how other countries and their athletes react. Also, it might be the first time a lot of the public get exposed to the trans issue. With any luck it'll be an emperor's new clothes moment.

Everyone outside of the western twitter bubble thinks this kind of stuff is stupid.

But hey ho, they hurt their own cause with these kinds of stunts. I hope Hubbard wins gold.

Soldato
Can anyone say why you would want to segregate sport based on 'psychological and social identities'?

For example would it make sense to have an Olympics thar went something like this:

now we have the 100 meters pessimists race, to be followed by by the atheists javelin competition and the working class triathlon....

Now I can understand segregating sports by weight classes and/ or sex because the strength and athleticism differences can be huge between men and women and the lightest and largest of the adults in both groups.

If you want to have a free for all in sport then at least be honest and say that's what you want.

But if we have men's and womens categories let's be honest with ourselves and remember why they were segregated in the first place.

Caporegime
Can anyone say why you would want to segregate sport based on 'psychological and social identities'?

Collective insanity that is currently gripping the west.

It's reaching a point where we need to just split up the western nations along ideological lines, let the lolberals have their utopia and as with the Portland autonomous zone see how it pans out for them. Religious fanatics seem fairly level headed compared to a lot of the left today, at least they have an anchor to stop them drifting further and further away.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Everyone outside of the western twitter bubble thinks this kind of stuff is stupid.

But hey ho, they hurt their own cause with these kinds of stunts. I hope Hubbard wins gold.
So do I :p And I hope they break the women's world record to such a degree that no biological woman could ever hope to retake it.

Then we'll put all this gender identity theory to the test, and see how many really agree with it.

Man of Honour
So do I :p And I hope they break the women's world record to such a degree that no biological woman could ever hope to retake it.

Then we'll put all this gender identity theory to the test, and see how many really agree with it.

Hubbard probably won't - they were never very good and they're not getting any younger.

But if all it takes is declaration, anyone can do it. Competition bodies haven't gone that far yet, but that's the ideological goal and it's moving that way quickly. At this rate, it won't be long before competition bodies are forced to comply. Then the outright world record holder could declare they're a woman and get the women's record too, if they felt like it. The gap's enormous at the top end. There's no way any female person could lift anywhere near that much.

Caporegime
Can you explain the IOC's decision to allow trans gender athletes to compete?

You asked this a while back in the thread and I didn't have an answer for you, I do now, I suggest you watch the video below, it seems it was probably a political decision that came about by some lobbying, it certainly doesn't seem to have any good evidence basis for it:

Worth posting this video which is a talk discussing just how little the IOC regarded evidence when they were pressure-grouped by a vocal minority into making their guidelines

Soldato
Apparently he hasn’t got a chance of winning with a Chinese competitor being much stronger.

but whatever place he takes (likely top 5) it’s taking a place from a woman who will have spent years training to get that position.

I read earlier that he has broken multiple records for various lifts in women’s regional / national competition. No ****

will be interesting nevertheless to see how it pans out

Associate
Yes she is a woman if that is how she identifies. She is also a cheater, effectively she has spent a decade + on anabolic steroids before transitioning. Thats a massive advantage. We wouldnt let a man compete after ten years of supraphysiological anabolic steroid usage, so why should a woman be allowed to?

Associate
Yes she is a woman if that is how she identifies. She is also a cheater, effectively she has spent a decade + on anabolic steroids before transitioning. Thats a massive advantage. We wouldnt let a man compete after ten years of supraphysiological anabolic steroid usage, so why should a woman be allowed to?

not sure if srs? lol

Back
Top Bottom