Data connection drops

Associate
Hi all,

Random one here but maybe someone has some idea on next steps:

Randomly my phone (S20FE 5G) will stop letting certain apps use data. If I cycle airplane mode then they can use data again and another app gets 'blocked'. It seems to have no logic in the methodology.

Done a network reset and a full factory reset, nothing worked. All fully updated.

Now, strange bits. I can take my other halfs sim and put it in my phone and it works fine, so clearly a sim issue right? Except my sim works perfectly fine in her handset with no issues. So both parts work fine individually but have random issues when combined.

Anyone have any idea what I can try to do for troubleshooting? Is this a new sim time, phone repair time etc?

Soldato
Could try manual APN and see if that works. Another option (if the phone allows it) is to disable 5G (if you have it) and see if 4G is better?

Another possibility is it could be the network itself, could test the SIM in another phone to see if it has the same issue?

Soldato
The mrs' S20 FE 5G has been doing this since the last update, she loses all mobile internet connectivity but can still make calls. Nothing seems to fix it so she's having to rely on WiFi in most places.

Hers is an unlocked model using a Vodafone SIM.

Soldato
I had a quirk on my Xioami Mi A2 since we switched to NowTV broadband earlier this year, where literally a couple of apps would fail to work over wifi, until I turned wifi off and then on again which would get things working for a while. Turning off IPv6 in the NowTV router a few days ago fixed this issue.

Back
Top Bottom