• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Saw another drop this morning - I hope a few of you were able to pick some up :)

I haven’t yet told my brother I got him a 3070 Ti - and I’m beginning to question whether I should :p

Would be a nice upgrade from a 2060 Super… :cool:

Soldato
missed it the one moment I had to do something for few mins , but got the 3090 into basket easily guess the demand for it isnt as much but want the 3080, they also did second drop of 3090 is that to tempt the ones that missed the 3080 :rolleyes:

The drops do seem to be coming around more often and around the same time hoping things keep getting better

Associate
Managed to bag a 3080FE, using an alert from the Part Alert twitter (I had them set to push through on Windows Action Centre).

I'd recommend making sure the delivery address matches your billing address, just for these. I have ordered other, smaller things to a separate delivery address before without issue, but for the GPUs it didn't seem to like it the first time I managed to get a card into the basket (a couple of weeks ago). Learned from my mistake, and made sure everything was aligned this time, and it went through without a problem.

Soldato
that second drop is likely failed transactions etc from the 1st, the 3080 and 3060TI had second drops about 20 minutes after the first as well

got the add to basket on second 3080 alert but just wasnt going into basket , but managed to get 3090 into basket on second alert even after few mins of alert I feel the 3080 is probably higher in demand so makes it harder

Associate
Managed to bag a 3080FE, using an alert from the Part Alert twitter (I had them set to push through on Windows Action Centre).

I'd recommend making sure the delivery address matches your billing address, just for these. I have ordered other, smaller things to a separate delivery address before without issue, but for the GPUs it didn't seem to like it the first time I managed to get a card into the basket (a couple of weeks ago). Learned from my mistake, and made sure everything was aligned this time, and it went through without a problem.

Yeah that's exactly what happened to me. Made the changes now so Roll on the next drop :)

Associate
I received the Discord notification on my phone and managed to add to basket, choose delivery, add card details, but it got declined and removed from basket. In the panic, I didn't catch the full reason.
I had checked out as a Guest. I can't keep my phone logged in to the shop website and I was concerned about faffing with logging in and then losing my basket.
About 1 month ago, I purchased a 3090 FE for my friend, as I have been waiting for the smaller 3080/3080Ti to fit in my SFF case. Apparently its now 1 no. 30-series per household, so even though Guest login, I assume this is the reason.
Moments later I got my PC booted up and managed to add a 3090 to basket, as these stayed in stock for a few mins longer, but didn't check out as I don't need this GPU.

What can I do now to get a 3080/3080Ti FE? Am I now excluded from buying any 30-series until stocks replenish?

Soldato
Yes, I am aware of this, only limit to 1 FE card by address or something.

Yes but what they mean is that will count as your 1 even if you cancel, so if you cancel it you will not be able to buy an FE or AIB 30xx card again. Other people have had the same thing on other forums canceling a 30xx card and thinking they can get another from them, which you can't anymore as they class that as you purchase and you later canceled and will loose out. So if you think you can get another later you can't sadly. So have a good think you basically got a 3090 for less than what 3080s are selling for elsewhere in AIB card types.

Soldato
I received the Discord notification on my phone and managed to add to basket, choose delivery, add card details, but it got declined and removed from basket. In the panic, I didn't catch the full reason.
I had checked out as a Guest. I can't keep my phone logged in to the shop website and I was concerned about faffing with logging in and then losing my basket.
About 1 month ago, I purchased a 3090 FE for my friend, as I have been waiting for the smaller 3080/3080Ti to fit in my SFF case. Apparently its now 1 no. 30-series per household, so even though Guest login, I assume this is the reason.
Moments later I got my PC booted up and managed to add a 3090 to basket, as these stayed in stock for a few mins longer, but didn't check out as I don't need this GPU.

What can I do now to get a 3080/3080Ti FE? Am I now excluded from buying any 30-series until stocks replenish?
If you brought one for a friend then maybe see if he can get one for you as you are now locked out of further purchases. The one per household rules have been in place since the start of the year to stop people buying many cards to resell.

Back
Top Bottom