• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Maybe see if he will give you his card details so you can use his name, address and card etc.
Not totally comfortable asking that, but it might be an option.
my decline message said something like: it could be an issue with the payment method or something else to do with terms and conditions of sale. It wasn't clear.
...I can't seem to find nvidia's T&C's online for 1 per house hold.

Soldato
Not totally comfortable asking that, but it might be an option.
my decline message said something like: it could be an issue with the payment method or something else to do with terms and conditions of sale. It wasn't clear.
...I can't seem to find nvidia's T&C's online for 1 per house hold.

It's on the retailers site the T&C regarding purchases of 30xx cards, it's 1 per household AIB or FE.

Retailer name removed, but from their site :-

4cwwQMD.jpg

When they have the FE cards up it will even state the following on the pages :-

Only available for shipping to UK / Ireland, strictly one RTX 30 series card per person, delivery address and IP address, for personal use. Not adhering to these terms may result in cancellation of all of your orders. Due to increased demand, this is a change from the previous restrictions of 2 x 3090 per person, starting 27th Feb 2021.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If you brought one for a friend then maybe see if he can get one for you as you are now locked out of further purchases. The one per household rules have been in place since the start of the year to stop people buying many cards to resell.

You can't buy another from there period.

Why couldn't your "friend" buy his own card. It's amazing how many folk are buying for "friends" these days.

Soldato
You can't buy another from there period.

Why couldn't your "friend" buy his own card. It's amazing how many folk are buying for "friends" these days.
I guess it's differcult for people who have jobs where they can't just drop everything to jump on alerts although they have done some evening and weekend drops though.

Associate
Finally managed to get a 3090FE after several attempts, with billing address a mismatch causing a rejected order last time.

Sold my EVGA FTW3 3080 already, which covers the 3090 cost exactly. The EVGA was a great card but for my video editing 10GB memory couldn't cut it.

Soldato
Can two 3060 Ti cards be ran in one PC in a way that's as good as one 3080 card?

OR maybe another way - will two 3060 Ti cards perform better than one in say the Unigine Heaven Benchmark?

Soldato
Can two 3060 Ti cards be ran in one PC in a way that's as good as one 3080 card?

OR maybe another way - will two 3060 Ti cards perform better than one in say the Unigine Heaven Benchmark?
Not for gaming as there is no NV link, you could use 2 for compute tasks though.

Man of Honour
missed it the one moment I had to do something for few mins , but got the 3090 into basket easily guess the demand for it isnt as much but want the 3080, they also did second drop of 3090 is that to tempt the ones that missed the 3080 :rolleyes:

The drops do seem to be coming around more often and around the same time hoping things keep getting better
3080 is definitely more desirable, less than half the price just means more people can afford them, better performance:price ratio, and the 3080 has the option of guaranteed scalping profits by using a high street store.

For people who just want any card I think the 3090FE is the one to go for, the majority will be looking at 3080FE first choice and they tend to drop at roughly the same time. So while everyone is scrambling to check out a 3080FE you can probably pluck a 3090FE (to your point before the people move on to 3090FE as backup option once 3080FE sold out).

Soldato
3080 is definitely more desirable, less than half the price just means more people can afford them, better performance:price ratio, and the 3080 has the option of guaranteed scalping profits by using a high street store.

For people who just want any card I think the 3090FE is the one to go for, the majority will be looking at 3080FE first choice and they tend to drop at roughly the same time. So while everyone is scrambling to check out a 3080FE you can probably pluck a 3090FE (to your point before the people move on to 3090FE as backup option once 3080FE sold out).
£750 is a high price to pay though for a smoother checkout experience. :p

Caporegime
I guess it's differcult for people who have jobs where they can't just drop everything to jump on alerts although they have done some evening and weekend drops though.

They don't get leave or time off work? They don't earn enough to pay a premium to get it third party? They can't find alternative solutions like buying a pre-build?

Enough with the excuses nobody buys their mate a £700+ gpu. If your mate can't get one tough luck.

Associate
Yes but what they mean is that will count as your 1 even if you cancel, so if you cancel it you will not be able to buy an FE or AIB 30xx card again. Other people have had the same thing on other forums canceling a 30xx card and thinking they can get another from them, which you can't anymore as they class that as you purchase and you later canceled and will loose out. So if you think you can get another later you can't sadly. So have a good think you basically got a 3090 for less than what 3080s are selling for elsewhere in AIB card types.
Wish I had known that before cancelling that 3090.
Oh well, naturally customer service don't give two *****

Associate
Yes but what they mean is that will count as your 1 even if you cancel, so if you cancel it you will not be able to buy an FE or AIB 30xx card again. Other people have had the same thing on other forums canceling a 30xx card and thinking they can get another from them, which you can't anymore as they class that as you purchase and you later canceled and will loose out. So if you think you can get another later you can't sadly. So have a good think you basically got a 3090 for less than what 3080s are selling for elsewhere in AIB card types.

Yes, will have a good think about it over the weekend. Rather to Cancel/return it or just keep it and sell the 6800. :confused::rolleyes::p

Soldato
They don't get leave or time off work? They don't earn enough to pay a premium to get it third party? They can't find alternative solutions like buying a pre-build?

Enough with the excuses nobody buys their mate a £700+ gpu. If your mate can't get one tough luck.
I know everyone's suspicious with all the scalping going on but there will be genuine people out there who buy for family and friends.

Would it improve my 3D CAD experience?

Probably won't help much outside of rendering but your best to see if there's any info floating about on the topic for the software you use.

Last edited:
Associate
You've clearly thought this through.
I found another friend with similar work hours to me, who is going to help me out.
My plan is to fit a 3080/3080Ti in my portable SFF PC for TwinMotion VR, my 2070 super isn't quite up to it.

Back
Top Bottom