Ferrari shows off new 296 GTB supercar

OcUK Staff
818bhp all through the rear wheels? That isnt going to end well for a lot of owners.

To be honest Ferrari are incredible how they manage to achieve so much power through RWD, but they do it by boost per gear, very impressive E-Diffs as having driven the F8 Tributo and 812 Superfast, the latter on a wet winters day as long as you use common sense you can get by though the 812 was an absolute animal with wheelspin even in 5th gear in cold wet conditions on Winter tyres, but still I never felt out of control, the different modes also work surprisingly well and if a novice wants to try race mode or TC off in the wet then they need to be half decent behind the wheel.

The F8 however been mid engined and of course turbo charged using boost by gear had no issuers deploying 710 horses through the back wheels. I am sure Ferrari have even further improved things with this new motor.

But alas I found the F8 boring to drive, sounded woeful and it did not to get the hairs on the back of my neck tingling even though it was monster quick and had vastly more grip than my 458, it was better in every way, bar my grin behind the wheel,

The only other Ferrari for me would be an 812 Superfast for that glorious V12, even better a GTS version, simple fact is the turbo charged and EV Ferrari's I find boring, what is speed and performance if you never feel scared or afraid of deploying it, the 812 had me grinning like crazy just trying to deploy 800HP in the wet and the 458 just handles and moves around like a sports car should do and has the epic sound track and motor that revs forever, there is a reason why 458 values are starting to overtake 488 values.

you don't know till you try it ;)

I will try one but I know it will be just what all other super cars are becoming, crazy fast but also boring with it and sounding rubbish.

Permabanned
i mean what happened ?
this is what Ferrari should be.
310054_La_Ferrari_812_Superfast_Nom_ancien_et_technologie_tres_moderne.jpg

Man of Honour
Teslas look like an expensive Mondeo and they aren't quicker than this lol

That's insulting to Mondeo's tbh

The best comparison I've heard for a Tesla is that it's similar to those cars in video games that have to look generic because they can't get any licenses to use real cars

Associate
The best comparison I've heard for a Tesla is that it's similar to those cars in video games that have to look generic because they can't get any licenses to use real cars

:D I've never really liked the looks of Teslas, but haven't been able to put my finger on why. Maybe my search is over...

It might just be me becoming an old man, but I do feel like we're past the golden age of cars now. The technology is impressive but not really my cup of tea. As I've mentioned before, my 350z still puts a smile on my face but I'm always looking in my rear view mirror for flashing lights after getting the hammer down so f knows what trouble I'd get myself into in something like a 458, never mind this new one...

OcUK Staff
:D I've never really liked the looks of Teslas, but haven't been able to put my finger on why. Maybe my search is over...

It might just be me becoming an old man, but I do feel like we're past the golden age of cars now. The technology is impressive but not really my cup of tea. As I've mentioned before, my 350z still puts a smile on my face but I'm always looking in my rear view mirror for flashing lights after getting the hammer down so f knows what trouble I'd get myself into in something like a 458, never mind this new one...

Agreed think golden age has passed, stuff is getting insanely fast but it’s loosing the connection that makes driving fun on a public road and with cameras forever appearing in more places it’s more about cars that can deliver fun without needing to go 150mph plus.

The 458 is not bad as though it’s quick the gearing is short so no need to hit mega speeds to enjoy a few gear changes and quick opening of the taps.

Man of Honour
I think it has always been true that old Ferrari's are better so by that rule all new ones are rubbish until they get old.

Back
Top Bottom