• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Caporegime
Ive neve overclocked an amd gpu before, im getting what looks like pretty decent results, im wondering if people have been using the more power tool to squeeze more out of their cards. My temps have been really good with hot spot hovering around 87-89oc. Im crashing at 2802 max mhz, so around 2754mhz actual, when using krombuster, i know i need to drop down from this to be stable in benchmarks and games, but if i had a bit more power, i reckon i could keep it stable and maybe push it a bit higher. What's evryones thoughts
Most of us overclockers are using MPT to get some extra performance. When benching I run 425W on the PL and 400A on the TDC in MPT.

Associate
So I have a general question here; What do you guys think of per game OC? My completely stable OC is 2600MHz (max Clocks). However, I am able to run 2750Mhz on CyberPunk2077 without any issues. Would you guys use per game OC (through profile) in such a scenario or would you just leave things at 100% stable OC?

Caporegime
So I have a general question here; What do you guys think of per game OC? My completely stable OC is 2600MHz (max Clocks). However, I am able to run 2750Mhz on CyberPunk2077 without any issues. Would you guys use per game OC (through profile) in such a scenario or would you just leave things at 100% stable OC?
If you need the extra performance and it’s stable in saidbench, I’d max it out, otherwise I’d go for the stable in everything clock.

Caporegime

If you have The Division 2 then run any overclock in that for a couple of hours, it's utterly the harshest game I know for overclocks.

Literally can not barely do ANY tweaking to my 6800XT Nitro in that game :eek:

Associate
If you have The Division 2 then run any overclock in that for a couple of hours, it's utterly the harshest game I know for overclocks.

Literally can not barely do ANY tweaking to my 6800XT Nitro in that game :eek:
Let me see if I can find some cheap CD key for that cause I am just going to use it for benchmarking/stability testing.

Associate
If you need the extra performance and it’s stable in saidbench, I’d max it out, otherwise I’d go for the stable in everything clock.
Thats' what I am not sure about. I guess with demanding games one can always welcome a few extra frames, especially for heavy scenes. Stability-wise there no issues yet, and that is also one of the caveats in this situation. We don't know whether the clocks would fail for a very specific scenario that I have not encountered till now.

Caporegime
Thats' what I am not sure about. I guess with demanding games one can always welcome a few extra frames, especially for heavy scenes. Stability-wise there no issues yet, and that is also one of the caveats in this situation. We don't know whether the clocks would fail for a very specific scenario that I have not encountered till now.
Yeah I understand your thought process. At some point, perhaps after an extended session or with higher ambient temperatures you may encounter stability that you did not previously in Cyberpunk for example.

Ray Tracing seems to limit max overclocks for both vendors it seems, I am still not convinced by Ray Tracing personally.

Associate
Well i have become a very unexpected 6900 XT member after a deal which was just to good to pass up, tbh the whole build has changed a lot from my original vision of a completely black stealth build. It morphed in to a black/grey theme becasue of component choice (not liking original options) and deals which presented themselves.

UA1gOO7.jpg

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

For TROH :)

I really should update my case (Lian-Li V2000B) but I really can't bring myself to part with it and I can't find another inverted case I like :(

Caporegime
For TROH :)

I really should update my case (Lian-Li V2000B) but I really can't bring myself to part with it and I can't find another inverted case I like :(

Welcome nice looking build. :)

Were you using a Nvidia GPU before? If so, time to update that colour scheme to red. :D

Well i have become a very unexpected 6900 XT member after a deal which was just to good to pass up, tbh the whole build has changed a lot from my original vision of a completely black stealth build. It morphed in to a black/grey theme becasue of component choice (not liking original options) and deals which presented themselves.

UA1gOO7.jpg
Welcome, nice build also!

New influx of 6900 TX owners recently i see.

Associate

UA1gOO7.jpg

Nice build mate, looks very similar looking to mine. What are your specs?

rKfasv4.jpg
[\SPOILER]

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Welcome nice looking build. :)

Were you using a Nvidia GPU before? If so, time to update that colour scheme to red. :D

Haha yes :) I think I went 7970 > 970 in sli > 980ti > 1080ti then this card. Been wanting to go back to AMD for ages.

The cablemod set is actually a set I won on here in a competition :)

Associate
Nice build mate, looks very similar looking to mine. What are your specs?

rKfasv4.jpg
[\SPOILER]

Thanks, (specs in signature)

| 5950X | ROG VIII Formula | Dark Pro 32GB @ 3600 |
| O11 Dynamic XL | 980 Pro 1TB | Intel 750 Series 400GB |
| NZXT Z73 | 6900XT | SuperFlower 850W |

Your build is looking very nice aswell, i really like that cpu block. My first choice for any GPU was the red devil but things just fell in to place and i got the Gigagyte.

Associate
Very nice. I very nearly went for the ekwb standard aio that has an drgb cpu block, really glad i waited for the elite to come out, definitely fits the build better. I was waiting for a 3080 suprim x, but i got fed up of waiting, so went with the red devil ultimate

Associate
ewjGls2.jpg

Waiting on the waterblock before I throw this in my overkill loop.

kKASaL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom