Transgender MTF picked for Olympics weightlifting

Associate
Considering degrees are handed out like toys in a cereal box these days I wouldn't be using that as a basis for why your opinion matters more than others.

:D someone actually thinks a degree gives them merit when it comes to discussing this subject?

that is some ego

Permabanned
I'm just imagining explaining to my dear old mum that because that guy thinks he's a woman we all have to humour him to the point of letting him compete against women. Then I'll explain to her that he's not mental, he is in fact stunning and brave, and there are laws against what she just said.

Spare her the sordid details and the knowledge of how some have allowed themselves to be so manipulated, please. Let her remain in blissful ignorance of this insanity and relentless pressurising of opposers.

Unless of course she has a solid constitution, a ribald hatred of political correctness and a strong sense of humour like my late mother, who held such matters in the ridicule they so deserve.

Soldato
Both my grandparents are no longer around, and in some ways that's a blessing, if they knew the sort of rubbish that is happening now, they'd be questioning why they even bothered serving in WW2 against the fascist Nazi's.

Man of Honour
Both my grandparents are no longer around, and in some ways that's a blessing, if they knew the sort of rubbish that is happening now, they'd be questioning why they even bothered serving in WW2 against the fascist Nazi's.

and yet my Mum who was 84 when she died was completely sympathetic with this stuff but she did have a lot of LBGT friends over the years.
When my drummer transitioned MtF in late 2018 she wanted to meet her to give a blessing.

Soldato
Different strokes for different folks.

It's nothing to do with being trans or gay, what ever floats your boat. The issue is with how its being pushed and forced onto people, if you don't address people by their chosen pronoun, your some how an evil person. You can't use certain language or even share certain opinions with backlash, not because its bad or evil, but just because someone else didn't like it. That's what my grand parents would have issue with, they didn't fight for our freedoms just so a few sensitive folk can take them away. As for cancel culture, that's an entirely different ball game and something that has been far too powerful where people are being "cancelled" for things they did 10-20-30 years ago often as children.

That sort of crap should have a statute of limitations of at least 6 years or more, because I'm sure 99.9% of adults today, said or did something so moronic as a teenager they'd likely be prime targets for cancellation today. If your one of the lucky 0.1% who didn't your either telling lies, an absolute saint, or just never got caught.

Associate
:D someone actually thinks a degree gives them merit when it comes to discussing this subject?

that is some ego

Im quite sure that degrees are easier than apprenticeships these days, they must be since even I got a degree but can barely do any work.

This one time I turned up to a presentation without doing any preparatory work / revision and still got a B+. Passed all the exams by reading the text book a little bit the day and morning before each exam, used ctrl-c, ctrl-v, then move things around / reword using a thesaurus for every essay.

I actually clocked up an average of 9 hours a day in MMOs, and didn't bother going to most of the lectures each year while I was at uni. Still passed.

Soldato
and yet my Mum who was 84 when she died was completely sympathetic with this stuff but she did have a lot of LBGT friends over the years.
When my drummer transitioned MtF in late 2018 she wanted to meet her to give a blessing.

But there is a difference between treating an individual with courtesy and compassion and accepting the wholesale upset of the language and law in a way that disadvantages women for the benefit of a tiny tiny tiny minority.

Man of Honour
Also T has nothing to do with LGB.

Gender is not the same thing as sexuality.

All the letters they keep adding to the movement nowadays are all pure garbage.

That comes down to where the ideology draws the line of "them, other, not us". Any ideology based on group identity has to draw that line, obviously. Can't advocate for group identity without defining the groups. Where the line is drawn matters far less than the existence of a line, a way of marking out "us" and "them".

Back
Top Bottom