I built a shed

Associate
Thought i would build a shed , have no wood working experience but thought it couldnt be that hard :)

1 , watch loads of youtube vids on how to build a shed.

2 , draw an image of something that looks like a shed.

3 , buy loads of wood.

4 , buy a cordless Dewalt circular saw and drill.

Stage 1 , build the base.

J8hPHSr.jpg

Stage 2 , floor boards.

82HPxFV.jpg

Stage 3 , make the roof trusses.

NGC5ti8.jpg

Stage 4 , Trusses made , supposed to be 18 degree slope ended up being 38 degrees , oops.

CDuaFO0.jpg

Stage 5 , back side built.

QKDErRr.jpg

Stage 6 , end side built.

5kDACYL.jpg

Stage 7 , front side built.

LqrLP67.jpg

Stage 8 , roof trusses up.

ImBa8lv.jpg

Stage 9 , door side built.

9kqTuez.jpg

Stage 10 , roof boards up.

eofT4eW.jpg

Stage 11 , EPDM rubber roof on .

8279aJU.jpg

Stage 12 , fiinal stage make a door

mmkhJkj.jpg

There was supposed to be a 13th stage which was fit windows but they have not arrived yet.
All together took about 3 days , pretty chuffed how it came out.
Also had to take it all down again to treat the wood on the base with waterproofing stuff ass forgot to do that but it only took half a day yo take it down and erect it again , :(

Soldato
Looks like an absolute unit, what are you planning on using it for, workshop/man cave, or storage?

Hoping to do something similar myself based on the Colin Furze video below, but it might have to wait until next year now, as my house is an absolute money pit…. :(

Soldato
Good work, mine was a little errr dilapidated at bottom of garden

Screenshot-20210626-211513-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

It's like what space you have you fill tbh so we made another seating area

Screenshot-20210626-211649-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Associate
OP
Looks like an absolute unit, what are you planning on using it for, workshop/man cave, or storage?

Hoping to do something similar myself based on the Colin Furze video below, but it might have to wait until next year now, as my house is an absolute money pit…. :(

Just storage and bike work shop , the old shed was 6x8 this is 8x12 and 8.5ft high at the apex , that shed that Colin built is what my roof angle was supposed to be but went wrong somewhere , was going to change it but like the alpine style now.

Associate
OP
Nice but how did you get the roof panel on nearest your neighbours fence, I presume from the inside.

That was a challenge , the top 3 boards went on from the inside , the bottom 3 boards had me standing on top of the fence and trying not to fall off :)

Couldnt actually stand on the marine plywood as it was at such an angle and slippy as hell.

Associate
OP
Top work! Don't believe that's your first attempt at woodworking though, far too good.

Actually it is , but the tech drawing i did at school in the 80's finally paid off in the planning stage and i was confident in my calculations (apart from the roof angle , but i blame that on the chinese speed square i used).
After that just followed the plans , measured everything twice , and it all slotted together perfectly.

A brick shed , now that is something i would not attempt , tried a bit of bricklaying once , first row was perfect went wrong pretty quickly after that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom