*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
From
Microsoft:

Insider W11 builds can be installed on systems that don't meet the requirements, which is what you have been seeing.

At final release we will enforce the requirements for new installs. Any existing insider W11 install will not be changed to final release if requirements are not met (nor will those machines get any updates) - we recommend you roll back to Windows 10.

W11 at final release will require Internet to install and file verification will take place. You will be unable to bypass the system requirement checks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1408770930818572292

Man of Honour

The removed taskbar features are an absolute deal breaker.
1: You cannot customise the start menu with named groups and stuff
2: The taskbar is locked to the bottom of the screen

Other things too but those two alone for me will mean I just don't care about Windows 11. Direct Storage etc will be on Windows 10 too so from a gaming standpoint it's not a selling point either to upgrade to 11.

Or is it going to be a case of just getting used to the fact that you now have to do as Microsoft provides? Day by day MS become more Apple in this regard it seems...

Soldato

The removed taskbar features are an absolute deal breaker.
1: You cannot customise the start menu with named groups and stuff
2: The taskbar is locked to the bottom of the screen

Other things too but those two alone for me will mean I just don't care about Windows 11. Direct Storage etc will be on Windows 10 too so from a gaming standpoint it's not a selling point either to upgrade to 11.

Or is it going to be a case of just getting used to the fact that you now have to do as Microsoft provides? Day by day MS become more Apple in this regard it seems...

I dunno who told you direct storage will be on windows 11, because it won't. Microsoft has to deliver a software update to use direct storage and 10 won't get itn

Back
Top Bottom