*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Soldato
I saw the new maps, a couple of which kinda look like old maps (shanghai, operation whiteout and gulf of omen) but no actual old maps? Also can't see any discussion around them anywhere?

Soldato
any BC2 maps? though they will not be the same with prone added

Hopefully not, BC2 maps were built around rush and so conquest didn't work well for them. When you look at them most were quite long and thin. Also packing 128 players into many of the old maps is going to be a right cluster **** unless they have been made significantly larger.

Any idea when official system requirements will be released?

No idea, but i wouldn't fully trust them. I would wait until the demo (open beta) is out to get a better idea of what you need to get a good experience in game. My guess would be that you will need a 6c12 CPU or better as a minimum to get a stable framerate in big multiplayer maps.

Associate
Hopefully not, BC2 maps were built around rush and so conquest didn't work well for them. When you look at them most were quite long and thin. Also packing 128 players into many of the old maps is going to be a right cluster **** unless they have been made significantly larger.

not every mode has to be 128 player

and we have not had a single map that plays rush well since bc3

a couple of bad excuses in bf3 and that was it but then prone hurts rush as well

Associate

I don't really agree with the first part. The only one I really didn't like was Heavy Metal because of how everything was funnelled down the middle by the valley, and I was always an infantryman first and foremost. Obviously they wouldn't work as is with 128 players though.

Soldato
not every mode has to be 128 player

and we have not had a single map that plays rush well since bc3

a couple of bad excuses in bf3 and that was it but then prone hurts rush as well

They will try to pack 128 players into every game mode that they can. BC2 had 32 player rush maps but they increased that to 64 players with BF3 / 4 to take it inline with conquest. That made some maps, Metro, into an explosive spam mess as too many player were funnelled into to the objectives.

Damavand Peak was ok but metro was poor. Both suffered badly as conquest maps compared to some of the others. I mostly stopped playing rush after BF3 and stuck to conquest.

I don't really agree with the first part. The only one I really didn't like was Heavy Metal because of how everything was funnelled down the middle by the valley, and I was always an infantryman first and foremost. Obviously they wouldn't work as is with 128 players though.

Looking at some of the BC2 conquest maps many are are made of segments of larger rush maps and are quite small compared to conquest maps from other games, normally having only 3 flags. Then again though they were limited to 32 players.

Back
Top Bottom