Help me YouTubers, I have lots of game/system/config questions

Soldato
Try Obs. I got to grips with it really quickly. Liked it.

So I moved to OBS yesterday and after a bit of faff getting the audio recording as I needed, I agree it works rather well. However it has caused an unusual issue.

Shotcut simply cannot process the files without massive jumps in scrubbing and has made Shotcut a problem. The files are actually smaller with a lower bit rate but Shotcut is just not liking them.

Soooo...enter Davinci Resolve last night. Need to spend some time replicating my process over but at least it handles the media just fine.

Soldato
Nice. Good progress.
I got DaVinci Resolve too, but have not started using it. But it was my choice due to versatility.

I am loving most of the control it gives me, but I am failing on Fusion with what I want to achieve. I have cheated by making my visual in Photoshop and then just using it as an image on the timeline for now.

Is it possible to earn an income out of game streaming? Or extremely difficult to do?

Honestly? No idea. I have been going 2 months and have 13 subs. You need 1000 subs and 4000 hours of watched video each year to make anything from Ad's at all. My aim is 100 subs in 12 months and see what happens from there. I do not expect anything in the first 2-3 years.

Soldato
If you need help with filters with OBS I have quite a few enabled that will help with the clarity. I speak past the mic as opposed to speaking directly in front of it.

Associate
OP
Hit 101 subs today :)
Well done. Aim higher, and go on a mission (if you fancy it) for a year, asking those who have gone before you, what you can do to massively increase growth.
When you knock on doors seeking information, the information you need has a way of finding finding you.
Anyway, well done. Keep going :)

Soldato
Grats on 100!

I'd highly recommend using OBS, there's a fair few settings to configure but the video quality looks very high anyway so shouldn't need to tinker with bitrate etc.

I use Davinci Resolve myself, I did try shotcut it didn't quite the itch. Back in 2013 I used Sony Vegas and loved that.

I'm nearing 500 subs myself so you'll get there in no time. Your thumbnails are consistent and eyecatching with good use of PNG images.

Soldato
Well done. Aim higher, and go on a mission (if you fancy it) for a year, asking those who have gone before you, what you can do to massively increase growth.
When you knock on doors seeking information, the information you need has a way of finding finding you.
Anyway, well done. Keep going :)

I have been talking to many other youtubers (all 40-50k mark subs) and they have given me a lot of advice. Most of these subs came from last 90 days, which is where I started to make changes on their advice. I am now on 104 subs.

Grats on 100!

I'd highly recommend using OBS, there's a fair few settings to configure but the video quality looks very high anyway so shouldn't need to tinker with bitrate etc.

I use Davinci Resolve myself, I did try shotcut it didn't quite the itch. Back in 2013 I used Sony Vegas and loved that.

I'm nearing 500 subs myself so you'll get there in no time. Your thumbnails are consistent and eyecatching with good use of PNG images.

Yea I have been using OBS to stream and record locally at the same time. I push out about 9000kbps I think without checking so its high enough considering I use Ultra-low latency for streaming. Thanks for the feedback on my thumbnails btw - it is rather difficult to make them knowing that a lot of my content is now streamed rather than "a video about XYZ".

Caporegime
a lot is just learning and trying new things. the key things are be yourself dont try and copy popular people also make content regular which is probably the most important thing. software for recording and editing there is loads just try and find what works the easiest.

for games dont do the most common mistake many new people do. something big comes out just stream or record that. big players have all this locked down.so you wont 99 percent of the time get much attention from massive games. unless you are super good at it and a pro or...you have links to the company that make it. go for a more niche or smaller audience and grow.

Soldato
a lot is just learning and trying new things. the key things are be yourself dont try and copy popular people also make content regular which is probably the most important thing. software for recording and editing there is loads just try and find what works the easiest.

for games dont do the most common mistake many new people do. something big comes out just stream or record that. big players have all this locked down.so you wont 99 percent of the time get much attention from massive games. unless you are super good at it and a pro or...you have links to the company that make it. go for a more niche or smaller audience and grow.

This has been something I am very verbal about - there is no point copying another established creator UNLESS you know you can better them, but even then you will have to work on your audience.

I am being true to what I wanted to do although I changed my approach. Instead of creating lets plays and uploading, I am doing them live and chatting away whilst playing, with added "guides" videos and some shorts on the side. :)

Soldato
What has helped my channel grow are tutorials. I did one for Snowrunner when it launched on PC just simply about how to travel from one map to another and keep the same vehicle, that now has... 38,896 views.

See if you can do tutorials for Grim Dawn, Torchlight 3 etc.

Soldato
What has helped my channel grow are tutorials. I did one for Snowrunner when it launched on PC just simply about how to travel from one map to another and keep the same vehicle, that now has... 38,896 views.

See if you can do tutorials for Grim Dawn, Torchlight 3 etc.

I have done a few already and they have brought in a fair few views. Top one is about 6.5k right now, and apart from a few dips is constantly getting more. I think I just need to keep doing what I am doing and see how it goes.

Associate
...My biggest issue is that I hate my voice as it is not as 'manly' as most and I do rush my words on occasion but I am learning to pace myself better. It will come with time though...

Just with regards to this have you tried "Voice Meeter Banana"?
You can basically change the "brightness" of your voice if you want to change it around a bit.
I use it for work calls and its good for playing around with other stuff like mic gain etc. I only have a Razer Siren Mini on a boom arm but I can tune it with Voicemeeter to not pickup my Cherry MXBlue mechanical keyboard etc.

Soldato
So I have actually become used to my voice now and just accept it. I also use RTX Voice to remove unwanted sound. I think streaming for the last few months has forced me to just get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom