Sopranos prequel movie: "The Many Saints of Newark"

Commissario

Surprised there's no thread about this (or if there is, I couldn't find it).

Michael Gandolfini, son of James Gandolfini is playing a young Tony Soprano but the rest of the details are scarce. It's supposedly set during the Newark riots of 1967 and is provisionally set for release on the 25th September 2020.

A few pictures have surfaced.

Young Tony
sq1nig5.jpeg BKTgzp7.jpeg

Possibly Tony's dad
F3xrlb7.jpeg

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Sopranos was ensemble driven not script driven drama. It was carried by characters, by actors, not the plot (or lack thereof). In fact if you were to create synopsis, tell someone what happened across the series, vast majority of air time across most episodes was, plotwise, quite literally, about nothing. Nothing served superbly by the actors.

Therefore there is no point of prequelling Sopranos as you will never re-assemble what made the original work.

Man of Honour
Sopranos was ensemble driven not script driven drama. It was carried by characters, by actors, not the plot (or lack thereof). In fact if you were to create synopsis, tell someone what happened across the series, vast majority of air time across most episodes was, plotwise, quite literally, about nothing. Nothing served superbly by the actors.

Therefore there is no point of prequelling Sopranos as you will never re-assemble what made the original work.

While I agree completely in that they can't re-create it, I remain hyped, even if they can capture a small amount of the magic I'll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom