The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Rang them up and apparently there's a duplicate profile or something, it should be sorted in 3-5 working days.
I think we're going to have to lodge a formal/ICO complaint with nationwide. Turns out after my girlfriend realised they had updated the address on her user profile to the wrong one (see above).. I was trying to register for online banking today and couldn't get in. Wasn't recognising my details. Turns out they'd done the same thing! Worse still, as soon as I got in (using the incorrect postcode that the lady at nationwide told me), the page told me it'd send confirmation of my customer number etc through the post. Argh! :mad: So now that's gone off to the wrong address... Seriously! :mad:

Soldato
We exchanged / completed yesterday all went really smoothly.. didn't expect it to to be honest.

Spent all of last night cleaning and today fetching my stuff to move in properly.

Very glad it is done.

Associate
Completed yesterday! We started our journey over 12 months ago, sold our previous house in Feb to break the chain, stayed with relatives for a few months, two abortive purchase but finally the right place came along. We had an offer accepted on this place on April 8th, so not a bad turn around to complete yesterday. Now back to living!

Associate
Anyone familiar with LISAs and such? Eventually getting somewhere after a few failed purchases and will need to be transferring the deposit over shortly.

Obviously I've arranged the mortgage for X amount and said I will be putting Y down for the deposit. There is now interest on the LISA so I have a slightly larger amount than originally stated. I can't see me using the LISA anymore so just want it closed. What's the best action?

Caporegime
Has the solicitor drawn down the ISA money yet?

If not just give them the updated amount. You have to fill a form in anyway requesting it and so does the solicitor

This is assuming you are topping up the deposit with your own money, and could adjust your own contribution.

Last edited:
Don
Very anxious time for us. Our sale completed this morning and our solicitor sent the onward payment at 11:30am this morning, but the sellers solicitor claims to have not received it yet :( :( currently homeless, and their office closes at 4:30pm

Associate
Has the solicitor drawn down the ISA money yet?

If not just give them the updated amount. You have to fill a form in anyway requesting it and so does the solicitor

This is assuming you are topping up the deposit with your own money, and could adjust your own contribution.
Haven't got to that stage no. Was just getting prepared.

The LISA is covering the whole deposit which is why I was querying any extra money in there.

Soldato
I’ve been ringing the estate agent regarding the house we are interested and put an offer in for. This was on the 16th of last month. Radio silence. Hasn’t returned my calls what’s so ever.

I’m in two minds now whether to mail the directors of the agency and ask them what on earth is going on.

Caporegime
It's weird that we only get to look around a house for say, 15-30 minutes and spend an absolute fortune on it.

My most anxious moment was after we completed and after going to re-visit the house again. I Hadn't seen it for 5 weeks and this is my first home I've bought (been renting for 15 years in various places!)

I think it was just anxiety at having a loan to pay off over 25 years. I'll be nearly 65 then.

It wore off after one night, but I never get anxious about things, in fact I am usually too laid back so it was a weird one. Existential angst

Soldato
It wore off after one night, but I never get anxious about things, in fact I am usually too laid back so it was a weird one. Existential angst
It is mad. Like my girlfriend said, I've spent longer picking a steak at the butchers :p

I've found it very up and down personally. We viewed twice before making an offer and were buzzing, then viewed again with a builder after offer accepted and felt a bit down about it. Went back again and felt great and excited, went back after completing and it was grey and rainy and felt a bit "meh". But now we've been back and forth a lot and its starting to feel familiar (even though we haven't moved yet). The house always felt homely - that's what drew us to it. But it is quite up and down, quite normal to get cold feet. I think in our case we're moving from a recently refurbished, really nice flat in a super area... To a slightly less nice area and the house needs a lot of work. So there's that to consider for us. We're really going to miss our flat and street but alas we'd need a lottery win to afford anything here!

Caporegime
Glad it's not just me then.

I suppose the two things that are really bugging me is road noise in the garden, which In sure we'll get used to...plus the garden was smaller than I remembered.

And we opened up the lovely bi-fold doors and immediately a pigeon flew in! Never thought that sort of thing might occur.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
We will *touching wood* be completing soon, and i too have been up and down like a yoyo on this one. Currently in a down state where i am thinking what i have done (its not habitable, and realistically i don't have the time to put the work into it). - Perfectly normal when you have put yourself into a worse financial situation.

Soldato
Glad it's not just me then.

I suppose the two things that are really bugging me is road noise in the garden, which In sure we'll get used to...plus the garden was smaller than I remembered.

And we opened up the lovely bi-fold doors and immediately a pigeon flew in! Never thought that sort of thing might occur.
Are you me in a different dimension? lol we had exactly the same thing with our garden. But it is only just over 4x4m so it's essentially a courtyard. Big enough for chairs and a bbq though which is all that matters for London. However on the days we've been round that have been rainy and grey it can look a little depressing. In the sunshine you can really imagine it as a nice little hideaway, once we've grown appropriate plants etc. We also realised that the house behind ours (gardens adjoining bar the alleyway inbetween) has a squirrel feeder so the garden is full of monkey nut shells! Wtf, who feeds squirrels?! :confused:

And we're close to a B road so also worried about noise at night too :p

Back
Top Bottom