3 dead and 5 wounded in suspected Terror attack in Germany - not even headline news anymore.

Capodecina
Soldato
A witness reported that the suspect shouted "Allah Akbar" during the attack, said the Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann.
Minister Joachim Herrmann told public television that, according to one witness, the suspect had called "Allahu akbar".
". . . a Somali man with a history of mental illness who one witness said shouted “Allahu Akbar,” authorities said."
So your "credible source" is one random person who claims to have heard a madman shout “Allahu Akbar” then is it?
ONE PERSON!​
On the basis of which uncorroborated report you have concluded that the Somali man with a history of mental illness was a "Religious terrorist", despite the fact that in the first link you posted "a police spokesman said that, while the attacker had a criminal record, none of his previous offences were related to terrorism." :rolleyes:

Seriously, you should stop extrapolating from shreds of evidence in an effort to support your particular prejudices.

Caporegime
The problem with that...limited...way of thinking over simplifies things vastly. Are all immigrants from Muslim countries (ultimately I think this is more about Muslim immigration rather than say white people from the US ( a nation that sent thousands of troops over to the UK during WW2, some of which committed rape against English women but hey let's not go there) actually Muslim? No.

But thanks to certain people, the view is that immigrants are criminals and rapists and want Islam to take over and anyone who supports immigration just wants to watch Britain burn.

Plenty of non-white non-Muslims (including ex-Muslims) immigrate to the UK and like thousands of Muslim immigrants contribute to the UK.

But this 'limited' way of thinking results in idiots running into Gurdwaras or other places killing/assaulting non-Muslims because they're brown and must be evil Muslims. This just proves that as great as Western education is, idiots are always going to be idiots.

Some of them contribute way less.

Most of them want to build laws within walls of their community that they had 'back home' segregating them from society.

Also providing an oppressive regime to ensure the subjugation of women here, just like back home.

British-born Muslim author Ed Husain argues that rather than keeping sexual desires under check, gender segregation creates "pent-up sexual frustration which expressed itself in the unhealthiest ways," and leads young people to "see the opposite gender only as sex objects."[54] While working in Saudi Arabia for seven months as an English teacher, the Arabic-speaking Husain was surprised to find that despite compulsory gender segregation and full hijab, Saudi men were much less modest and more predatory towards women than men in other countries he had lived.

Yikes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isl...arly two-thirds of,men but optional for women.

It's not ideal in a progressive country.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Some of them contribute way less.

Most of them want to build laws within walls of their community that they had 'back home' segregating them from society.

Also providing an oppressive regime to ensure the subjugation of women here, just like back home.

Yikes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_gender_segregation#:~:text=In nearly two-thirds of,men but optional for women.

It's not ideal in a progressive country.

I did try to differentiate between different kinds of immigrants, and the issue of colour, but it seems we're back to Muslims...

I have no issue with criticism of Islam, or concern about some of its views and incompatibility with some Western values as in many cases it's arguably justified (to a degree).

But I think in some cases it's simply good old racism when people - in general - use anti Muslim rhetoric to cover their sentiments against anyone who isn't the same colour as them.

Not all immigrants are Muslim, and not all Muslims are evil rapists or terrorists.

Caporegime
So your "credible source" is one random person who claims to have heard a madman shout “Allahu Akbar” then is it?
ONE PERSON!​
On the basis of which uncorroborated report you have concluded that the Somali man with a history of mental illness was a "Religious terrorist", despite the fact that in the first link you posted "a police spokesman said that, while the attacker had a criminal record, none of his previous offences were related to terrorism." :rolleyes:

Seriously, you should stop extrapolating from shreds of evidence in an effort to support your particular prejudices.

Corporate media have pushed some massive stories in recent years citing only an "anonymous source", many widely talked about as if credible on here and later turned out to be bunk (ie. Trump pee dossier funded by Hillary and DNC). If they can push stories that fit their narrative as if it's the truth based purely on hearsay then why not others?

Caporegime
I did try to differentiate between different kinds of immigrants, and the issue of colour, but it seems we're back to Muslims...

I have no issue with criticism of Islam, or concern about some of its views and incompatibility with some Western values as in many cases it's arguably justified (to a degree).

But I think in some cases it's simply good old racism when people - in general - use anti Muslim rhetoric to cover their sentiments against anyone who isn't the same colour as them.

Not all immigrants are Muslim, and not all Muslims are evil rapists or terrorists.

But how many are extremists?

How many support equality, be that of males and females? How many will forgo halal due to now being enlightened in the ways of animal cruelty?

How many will support a school using freedom of expression and break free from the archaic chains that held them back in their country of origin?

It has nothing to do with colour. But perhaps some inward reflection as to why some people would choose to come to the UK but then continue to live as though they had not and then try to change the uk to be more like their original host country...

Soldato
ONE PERSON!​

I would believe someone who made a statement to the police.

Then an apologist like you ;)

Permabanned
ONE PERSON!​

I like how you are happy to call anyone with a history of mental illness, a "madman". It seems extrapolation from shreds of evidence is something you are guilty of yourself when your post is examined dispassionately ;)

Soldato
So, do you think that Western society has become so inured by now to attacks like these that the reporting is no longer shocking or has this attack just been gobbled up by bigger headlines hitting at the same time?

I think you are being consumed the social media machine.

Look at the bigger picture.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/978830/knife-homicides-in-england-and-wales/
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42749089

Then consider why you think the German Crime should have more attention...

Caporegime
Extremist views aren't a mental illness, mental illness (personality disorders) can however contribute to having extremist views.

It really isn't a big shock that it tends to be lonely, rejected people that do this ****.

Soldato
OP
I think you are being consumed the social media machine.

The only SM I have is an "immediate family only" FB page I haven't updated in 2 years with no twitter, instagram, ticktock or any other SM platforms. I'm old enough to have lived through the decades when the IRA were most prolific and I'm seeing some parallels between the reduction in reporting for what was initially classed as a Terror attack vs how these attacks were reported on 5+ years ago, similar to how the UK downplayed the amount of violence in Northern Ireland forcing the PIRA to get bigger and nastier to achieve the same level of news reporting as previous.

Look at the bigger picture.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/978830/knife-homicides-in-england-and-wales/
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42749089

Then consider why you think the German Crime should have more attention...

It's not the issue of being "knife deaths" thats the important part of the German story, it's the initial reporting of it being a Terror attack that I think is the most important part as to why it "should have more attention" for me. We lose far more people per year to simple knife crime than Terrorism but it's never important "how" the victims of Terror died, just that Terrorism was the cause of their death. In fact I'd say we're already immune to the weekly death toll from criminal knife crimes via gangs, drugs etc and I wonder if we're now going the same way with our reaction to Terror attacks too?

Soldato
Just think about how many of Merkel’s Murderbot’s crimes have been successfully buried in local news sections as random violence. Must keep it from the people or they might become bigots who’ll vote for less enrichment. Oh, and don’t forget that they’re rocking up at the Kent coast daily and could be your new neighbour, or the middle-aged teenager sitting next to your child at school.

Politicians will promise that this is being addressed as a matter of urgency, but in reality it’ll just carry on unabated.

Soldato
Just think about how many of Merkel’s Murderbot’s crimes have been successfully buried in local news sections as random violence. Must keep it from the people or they might become bigots who’ll vote for less enrichment. Oh, and don’t forget that they’re rocking up at the Kent coast daily and could be your new neighbour, or the middle-aged teenager sitting next to your child at school.

Politicians will promise that this is being addressed as a matter of urgency, but in reality it’ll just carry on unabated.

I don't think they need to bury them, there's just been so many over the last 5 yrs we all forget after 2 weeks.

thereligionofpeace.com do quite a good job of keeping tabs but sometimes they attribute attacks which wasn't really Islamofascist inspired.

Soldato
The only SM I have is an "immediate family only" FB page I haven't updated in 2 years with no twitter, instagram, ticktock or any other SM platforms. I'm old enough to have lived through the decades when the IRA were most prolific and I'm seeing some parallels between the reduction in reporting for what was initially classed as a Terror attack vs how these attacks were reported on 5+ years ago, similar to how the UK downplayed the amount of violence in Northern Ireland forcing the PIRA to get bigger and nastier to achieve the same level of news reporting as previous.

It's not the issue of being "knife deaths" thats the important part of the German story, it's the initial reporting of it being a Terror attack that I think is the most important part as to why it "should have more attention" for me. We lose far more people per year to simple knife crime than Terrorism but it's never important "how" the victims of Terror died, just that Terrorism was the cause of their death. In fact I'd say we're already immune to the weekly death toll from criminal knife crimes via gangs, drugs etc and I wonder if we're now going the same way with our reaction to Terror attacks too?

But it wasn't a terror attack. Most news media is social media. They are all using click bait to drive views without proper reporting and investigation. People have got into the habit of accepting shoddy reporting at face value.

There is nothing in common with northern Ireland and this. That's a bizarre comparison.

Soldato
ONE PERSON!​

This is literally all you ever do, LOLHAUSEN by name, ROFLHAUSEN by nature.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
But how many are extremists?

How many support equality, be that of males and females? How many will forgo halal due to now being enlightened in the ways of animal cruelty?

How many will support a school using freedom of expression and break free from the archaic chains that held them back in their country of origin?

It has nothing to do with colour. But perhaps some inward reflection as to why some people would choose to come to the UK but then continue to live as though they had not and then try to change the uk to be more like their original host country...

And back to Muslims...

Seems like like the only thing you can do is equate immigrants with Muslims so much so that there's no other way of looking at it.

You say it has nothing to do with colour, I disagree. As I've said before, I don't think criticising Islam or highlighting issues within Muslim communities is "racist" or even unjustified, but it strikes me that you're someone who is extremely worried, perhaps even afraid, of changes that immigration brings and so the focus is always on the negative.

I think it's likely that had you been around 1700 years ago you would have objected and criticised Christianity as a foreign religion with an equally foreign culture that had no right to be in this land - after all it did come from the Middle-East. But that's just a side point.

Caporegime
I think it's likely that had you been around 1700 years ago you would have objected and criticised Christianity as a foreign religion with an equally foreign culture that had no right to be in this land - after all it did come from the Middle-East. But that's just a side point.

Things turned out well for the druids.

Oh. Awks.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Things turned out well for the druids.

Oh. Awks.

Indeed but nothing awkward. A foreign religion and culture replaced the existing religion(s) and culture(s) and that's before we get to the Vikings, Norman's etc. If we really want to oppose immigration and outside cultures it's best then to fight for what was the norm before Christianity came...

There does seem to be a pattern here...but this is going a bit OT, which is about a Muslim with potential mental health issues killing innocent random people possibly due to some form of personal jihad (as per wiki article on this).

Let's be clear though, I don't think the "gates should be left open for all to enter freely" and there are obviously some real issues to tackle...but that doesn't mean we should generalise.

Caporegime
Indeed but nothing awkward. A foreign religion and culture replaced the existing religion(s) and culture(s) and that's before we get to the Vikings, Norman's etc. If we really want to oppose immigration and outside cultures it's best then to fight for what was the norm before Christianity came...

There does seem to be a pattern here...but this is going a bit OT, which is about a Muslim with potential mental health issues killing innocent random people possibly due to some form of personal jihad (as per wiki article on this).

Let's be clear though, I don't think the "gates should be left open for all to enter freely" and there are obviously some real issues to tackle...but that doesn't mean we should generalise.

The vikings didn't replace our culture. They murdered, pillaged and occupied limited areas. The Normans took over wholescale and that was a full blown invasion, however was somewhat peaceful for the average Joe, more of a change of regime. Christianity is a far more apt comparison. Came in and took over leading to the murder of many. Didn't comply, you die. And that applied for about the next 1500 years.

Back
Top Bottom