**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Got a weird issue, I've got the weather app on my pixel 4 XL to display in celsius but on the home screen, it shows fahrenheit, any idea why?

Last edited:
Associate
Tempted by a 4a 5G over a Pixel 5 as the differences seem minor?
Amazon have a warehouse one for £440 used Like New which they say means brand new but box is damaged? Dont know if I trust that.

Theres few pictures which show the handset and box opened so that makes me think theres a chance theres more to it?

Currently on offer at various places, including Google and Amazon for £399. My Amazon is offering it over 5 payments too. Tempted for the wife as her 2XL is getting a bit tired, but not it's a big enough improvement. The camera is the main thing for her. She takes loads of pictures for FB, IG, etc.

Associate
Currently on offer at various places, including Google and Amazon for £399. My Amazon is offering it over 5 payments too. Tempted for the wife as her 2XL is getting a bit tired, but not it's a big enough improvement. The camera is the main thing for her. She takes loads of pictures for FB, IG, etc.

cant help but feel it's still overpriced. Honestly, apart from the camera and stock android it's basically a 150 pound phone priced at a ridiculous 400 pounds. Pixel 5 is even more absurd.

Soldato
cant help but feel it's still overpriced. Honestly, apart from the camera and stock android it's basically a 150 pound phone priced at a ridiculous 400 pounds. Pixel 5 is even more absurd.

For guaranteed 3 years of updates and the slightly bigger screen, slightly better camera etc, I thought it a very good replacement for my Pixel 2 XL (No more updates!)..

I've got to get a new work phone and honestly I can't justify spending £1150 on an S21 Ultra with no promise of updates in any timely manner and certainly will be dropped after the same 3 years..

This way I can upgrade every 2 years knowing immediate updates and OS roll outs and still have 1 years life left for anyone I pass it on to..

Last edited:
Soldato
My wife has a Pixel 4a but she's having problems with the screen. It freezes and then seems to take on a life of its own. For example, scrolling up/down on the screen zooms in and out or the screen just freezes and doesn't respond to any input apart from powering off. I've tried a couple of factory resets and it has the latest patches. Anyone else come across this with the 4a?

Associate
Google did not push a September software update to the Pixel 4a (the non-5G version), confirming its decision to terminate support for the smartphone officially.

Back
Top Bottom