What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
It really is astonishingly good. I'd sell my grandmother for an ounce of his talent

Yep!

I watched it again at the weekend and have sort of been thinking about it on and off all week.

Amazing. The internet song really stood out and is so true. Makes you think about social media etc a lot more too

Permabanned
Yep!

I watched it again at the weekend and have sort of been thinking about it on and off all week.

Amazing. The internet song really stood out and is so true. Makes you think about social media etc a lot more too

Yeah for sure. ‘That Funny Feeling’ had a similar effect on me. To me he incapsulates so much of that on and off cultural nihilism/cynicism I feel towards a lot of things these days. Plus, some of those songwriting hooks are RIDICULOUSLY on point.

Soldato
Yeah for sure. ‘That Funny Feeling’ had a similar effect on me. To me he incapsulates so much of that on and off cultural nihilism/cynicism I feel towards a lot of things these days. Plus, some of those songwriting hooks are RIDICULOUSLY on point.

Definitely.

I admit I hadn't heard of him until this, and it's sad to see he's definitely struggling with MH issues himself I think.

I then went on to watch his last stand up show before he hung up the towel for 5 years and the finale of that was just as moving.

Soldato
Definitely.

I admit I hadn't heard of him until this, and it's sad to see he's definitely struggling with MH issues himself I think.

I then went on to watch his last stand up show before he hung up the towel for 5 years and the finale of that was just as moving.

Really makes me think about just how much we rely on phones etc now too. I want to actively use mine less. Sometimes I just check it for no reason

Man of Honour
I'll have to check out No Sudden Move (Benicio Del Toro always reminds me of a Latin American Brad Pitt).

Brad Pitt would like to look like Benicio Del Toro, but I digress, we watched “Casablanca” on BBC 4, as my father-in-law is with us this week, and had never seen it all the way through.
I promised myself that I’d keep a tight rein on myself when the crowd in Rick’s sang La Marseillaise, but I folded, (as I knew I would), and my bottom lip quivered and some salty water ran down my cheeks.
My FIL said, “I’ll give you that, you Frog wimp, just try to show some emotion when we beat Ukraine.”
I thought, ‘You mean IF you beat Ukraine”, but I kept my trap shut.

Soldato
Nobody - 7/10

GF and I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Some genuinely amusing moments in a film that knows what it is without trying to be overly clever about it.

Prefered this to the JW films personally.

Soldato
The Tomorrow War - 6.5/10

Can't say much about the story as it's pretty forgettable but overall it was an ok watch, some decent enough sci-fi elements and the characters were ok, some emotional connection between the main character and his daughter, few funny moments and of course J K Simmons who's looking pretty jacked for a 76 66 year old dude.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The Tomorrow War - 6.5/10

Can't say much about the story as it's pretty forgettable but overall it was an ok watch, some decent enough sci-fi elements and the characters were ok, some emotional connection between the main character and his daughter, few funny moments and of course J K Simmons who's looking pretty jacked for a 76 year old dude.
way better than the dinosaur movie and the zombie one.

I'd give it a 7.5

Soldato
Brad Pitt would like to look like Benicio Del Toro, but I digress, we watched “Casablanca” on BBC 4, as my father-in-law is with us this week, and had never seen it all the way through.
I promised myself that I’d keep a tight rein on myself when the crowd in Rick’s sang La Marseillaise, but I folded, (as I knew I would), and my bottom lip quivered and some salty water ran down my cheeks.
My FIL said, “I’ll give you that, you Frog wimp, just try to show some emotion when we beat Ukraine.”
I thought, ‘You mean IF you beat Ukraine”, but I kept my trap shut.

That film was made in 1942, and a lot of that crowd of extras were people who had fled France, and apparently got pretty tearful during the filming of that scene.

Back
Top Bottom