The Corsair 7000D

Associate
I just bought this case and I've noticed it has a front usb-c port. Could anyone tell me what would be a good mobo that would have both front and back c-ports?
I bought the Asus Hero 8 which I have now read only has a back usb c-port so the front port will be redundant. I may have to cancel this board or the case.

Soldato
The hero 8 is quite an old board, which is why it doesn’t have the header. Any current gen board will have it.

you could add in a PCIE expansion card with a header on it, or an adapter if you have a spare USB 3.0 header, if you wanted to retain your existing kit. The adapter won’t be type c speed, but will work.
Google: pcie usb type c header

Associate
OP
Sorry I took so long. I have already bought this case and it's on its way.
I am cancelling my Hero 8 because I just read on PC Part Picker and it says "Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case has a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A port, but the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero ATX AM4 Motherboard does not have sufficient USB 3.2 Gen 1 headers. The case USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A port will not be usable."
I have bought a 5900x MickyFlinn.
I was looking at the X570 Tomahawk. I think that has front USB-C too and no trouble with the other usb headers when I enter it in Part picker.
Also the Gigabyte Aorus eliet wifi has no problems with compatability here.
Actually i heard The Aorus Pro wifi is better. AAAH so confusing!
DO any of you have any experiences with these boards?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'm not a masive overclocker tbh. I've dabbled. I just want a good board that's reliable and fits. The Tomahawk seems to be in first place so far and it's cheaper.

Soldato
Both MSI's B550 and X570 Tomahawk have both rear USB-C connector and front USB-C header.
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite has only header for front USB-C.

Associate
OP
What about the Aorus pro wifi? I'm looking at it right now but can't tell tbh! Thanks btw.
Yes my spelling is atroscious! Sorry.
Scratch that it's a mini-itx. I'm having a break down lol!

Last edited:
Soldato
X570 Aorus Pro has both rear USB-C and header for front USB-C.
But chipset cooler is worser than in Aorus Elite by having fan closer to graphics card slot making it clearly worser than in X570 Tomahawk.
(Aorus Ultra even worser with marketing excrement constricting fan)

Associate
OP
X570 Aorus Pro has both rear USB-C and header for front USB-C.
But chipset cooler is worser than in Aorus Elite by having fan closer to graphics card slot making it clearly worser than in X570 Tomahawk.
(Aorus Ultra even worser with marketing excrement constricting fan)
My ears are starting to bleed lol. I thought the Tomahawk was an old board too but it's clearly in the lead.

Soldato
My ears are starting to bleed lol. I thought the Tomahawk was an old board too but it's clearly in the lead.
Tomahawk is actually one of the newest X570 boards.
Pretty much all original release MSI X570 boards were garbage for the money with scam level VRMs and MSI later introduced Tomahawk to salvage their reputation.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...0-vrm-temperature-analysis-luke-deep-dive/11/
https://nl.hardware.info/artikel/94...den-review-op-de-proef-met-een-3900x-vrm-test

Associate
OP
I did read something about the tricks MSI was getting up to a while back. They were also treating some content creators on youtube really bad too. I was having doubts about them which is why I wasn't originally looking at this board but if you guys think it has a good reputation I may go for it. Thanks for the help on this you've made me close at least 20 tabs now!
Cheers gents!

Soldato
I did read something about the tricks MSI was getting up to a while back.
Asus did same in B450 with "high end" Strix-F having worser VRM with sabotaged cooling than in lowly Asrock B450 Pro4.
(neither was Gigabyte much better in B450)

In words of "Buildzoid" all brands suck...
And are after to sooner or later scam you, if you buy just brand.
(Asus also had bad design Radeon 5700 XT cards burning their memories)

Associate
OP
This PC build is from all over the shop lol. All bought and done! Now I'm skint until I get a refund onthe cancelled board. Thanks again gentlemen!

Man of Honour
This PC build is from all over the shop lol. All bought and done! Now I'm skint until I get a refund onthe cancelled board. Thanks again gentlemen!
Did you get the Tomahawk ?

The motherboard bios may need updating for the 5900x to work this can be done with a feature on the motherboard called bios flashback, no need for another cpu.

Tutorial.

Associate
OP
Aahh yes! Brilliant! This was thelast thing I needed to do, search for a vid on this. I saw that theres a flash utility on th back which is really good. Thank you thank you!

Back
Top Bottom