What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The tomorrow war - 8.5

I know it didn’t score too high in reviews but you like what you like. Fun sci fi flic, would have liked to know more backstory on the aliens though.

also have had a massive crush on the chick from dexter so that was a bonus.

Caporegime
The Tomorrow War - 1/5

Absolute mess of a film. Tragic story, tragic acting, especially from Chris Pratt, and tragic CGI. One of the worst films I've ever watched. I want to go back to yesterday and forget I ever watched it.

Soldato
The Tomorrow War - 6.5/10

Can't say much about the story as it's pretty forgettable but overall it was an ok watch, some decent enough sci-fi elements and the characters were ok, some emotional connection between the main character and his daughter, few funny moments and of course J K Simmons who's looking pretty jacked for a 76 66 year old dude.
I thought the ending was an odd choice..giving it a happy ending....to explain..

I thought it would have been more interesting if when they attacked the ship it was them that started it all, which in itself is pretty lame. However his future daughter talked about him being a different person when he got back, it could have been she meant when he came back from realizing he has set the monsters free) and he became distant and withdrawn and divorcing his wife, because he then realized he was the one who had to watch her die because of what he did.#Might not work cause then of course as she would warn him in the furture again not to do it?...nto sure..time travel can be tricky with what the rules are in films.

Also, is it it me or did it not look like Pratt?..hsi face looked somehow different in this, like that had a CGI mask on him or something, he looked..off.

Soldato
Tomorrow War - 7/10.
Pretty much what others have said, brain in neutral action/sci-fi romp. Takes its inspiration from just about every movie in the genre you can think of, though Battlefield Earth, Reign Of Fire, The Thing, Predator and Day After Tomorrow particularly came to mind.
As at least one person above has indicated,
I would have preferred the paradox ending where taking the unsanctioned action back in the present, was actually the catalyst for the alien creatures’ emergence.

Soldato
The Tomorrow War

Felt like it was originally filmed and intended to be a big summer cinema blockbuster but they realised it wasn't going to make it so sold it to Amazon as a Prime freebie.

It was pretty decent though in that context.

6/10

Also, is it it me or did it not look like Pratt?..hsi face looked somehow different in this, like that had a CGI mask on him or something, he looked..off.

Looks like he's been topping up on the botox & plastic surgery.

Soldato
Ice Road - 3/10.

The premise was good but implementation ruined by massive plot holes, two dimensional story with cliched bad guys and another lacklustre performance from the increasingly wooden Mr. Neeson.

Agreed, pretty rubbish. I really only watched it because I liked Amber Midthunder in Legion but she wasn't given much of a role in this.

I watched Fear Street: 1994 last night, the first in a trilogy Netflix are releasing over the next few weeks. It had a Stranger Things meets late 90s/early 2000s teen slasher horror feel to it, I quite enjoyed it.

Associate
Tomorrow War.

I think most people here watched a different film to me. I was wondering if it was supposed to be a comedy at times.

It passed a couple of hours, but not a great movie.

2/5

I didn’t think it was that bad and as you said, it passed a couple of hours.

What I’m starting to get tired of though, is that one “comedic relief” character that seems to be in all these films. It’s so wearing. When will they realise it’s ok to carry a more serious tone throughout the film?

Man of Honour
Nobody (2021)

Decent enough film. Not quite as good as I'd hoped for with so many positive reviews around. Probably felt I'd seen it all before in the John Wick films. Not a surprise when you consider the writer and producers are the same. Even the music was similar to the John Wick films.

6.5/10

Back
Top Bottom