UEFA Euro 2020 Quarter Finals ** spoilers ** [2nd - 3rd July 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I mean you/they should still enjoy this, only enjoying it when a trophy is lifted is dull
The second half here has been entertaining. I'm not even slightly nationalist, so I really (genuinely) don't care who wins it. (Although I'd prefer it wasn't Spain :p)

I've said since the beginning I watch this tournament to be entertained. England tonight have entertained (in fits and starts). I think we all agree they have played some dire games, esp the group stage.

That's why I never agree with the people who say, "I'll take a dull 1-0 victory thanks very much." With the amount of money in the English league, and the value of this squad, they should be able to entertain. Tonight they have - I'll give them credit for that (the first half not so much!).

P.S. I like high-scoring games. Doesn't everybody?

Caporegime
It's the Ukraine, you can't say these chances would happen against a proper team.

Ukraine have the twelfth best league in Europe, qualified top of their Euro qualifiers and 24th best team in the world. Okay they are no top top team but to say they are terrible isn't really fair. All this whilst half their country is at war.

Denmark will be a whole different level though.

Soldato
Well, it's getting on for the stage where I'm happy enough with whoever wins. Obviously England is my first choice, but Denmark winning this tournament would be a hell of a story, I put some money on Italy before the tournament so that would be ok, and I got Spain in the work sweepstake!

Man of Honour
Well, it's getting on for the stage where I'm happy enough with whoever wins. Obviously England is my first choice, but Denmark winning this tournament would be a hell of a story, I put some money on Italy before the tournament so that would be ok, and I got Spain in the work sweepstake!

I'm in that exact same boat.

If England win it, I'm happy because its my home country.
If Denmark win it, it would be an amazing Hollywood-esque event after the start they had
If Italy win it, I'd be happy because they are the team who have impressed me the most
If Spain win it, I'm part Spanish so its partly my heritage so I'm happy. Whoever goes on to win this, its literally a win/win/win/win for me.

Soldato
Ukraine have the twelfth best league in Europe, qualified top of their Euro qualifiers and 24th best team in the world. Okay they are no top top team but to say they are terrible isn't really fair. All this whilst half their country is at war.

Denmark will be a whole different level though.

Those rankings are a load of ******** though. Belgium 1st, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom